Digital Performer 10 (Windows 10 Pro) - MIDI data import/dra

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
secondwindow
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Digital Performer 10 (Windows 10 Pro) - MIDI data import/dra

Post by secondwindow »

Hello

Note: I may not be using the term "clip" correctly here.

I'm new to DP and am trying to figure out how to import or drag MIDI files so that they appear as "clips" in the Track View. I've read through the manual, but no luck finding an answer.

When importing MIDI or dragging a MIDI file into DP10, the data displays as individual notes/events.

If I record MIDI from a MIDI keyboard. The data displays as a "clip". Meaning, it appears as a "block" that can be dragged within the track(s), copied, pasted, spliced, snipped, etc.

How can I drag and/or import MIDI files so that they appear and "clips" that can be handled just like MIDI that was recorded?

Thanks!
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Digital Performer 10 (Windows 10 Pro) - MIDI data import

Post by CharlzS »

Select the MIDI data that you imported and then in the Region menu 'Pack Into Clips'.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
secondwindow
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Digital Performer 10 (Windows 10 Pro) - MIDI data import

Post by secondwindow »

Thanks, CharelzS - your suggestion worked perfectly!