DP 10.1 out

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 10.1 out

Post by HCMarkus »

Man, I'd really miss the pre gen functionality if I couldn't use it. It works pretty much flawlessly on my system.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
HCMarkus

Re: Altiverb in DP10.1 and 10.11

Post by HCMarkus »

Per AudioEase:
The ability to change buffersize like this in new in DP 10.1 and we are aware of the problem Altiverb has with this. MOTU kindly pointed us to this already. WE have fixed this in the meantime, but we are now struggling to get our installers to work under the new requirements Catalina sets. As soon as we have fixed that we will have an update that cures this problem. Until then, re-load after changing the buffer size is the only option.
Thanks for reaching out.

Best regards,

Aram Verwoest
Audio Ease support
support@audioease.com
HCMarkus

New AltiVerb Installer Up

Post by HCMarkus »

A nice email from AudioEase:
All installers are on:
http://www.audioease.com/download
if you specify you use Mojave and DP then this page will show you the right installer.

Best regards,

Aram Verwoest
Audio Ease support
support@audioease.com
HCMarkus

Re: Altiverb

Post by HCMarkus »

Just installed the version offered on the AudioEase site... seems to be the same version I installed in 2018, and it does not function properly under DP10.11 and Mojave when DP's differ is changed. I've written to AudioEase seeking assistance (they were super responsive when I initially inquired about this issue) and will report back ASAP.
BobK

Re: Altiverb

Post by BobK »

HCMarkus wrote:Just installed the version offered on the AudioEase site... seems to be the same version I installed in 2018, and it does not function properly under DP10.11 and Mojave when DP's differ is changed. I've written to AudioEase seeking assistance (they were super responsive when I initially inquired about this issue) and will report back ASAP.
Thanks for the updates!
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
HCMarkus

Re: Altiverb and DP10.1 and later

Post by HCMarkus »

7.3.6 is still the latest. The update with the buffer size fix for DP is not released yet.
So, I misunderstood an earlier email from AudioEase. The above is their response to last night's inquiry. I'll start a new thread when the update becomes available.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Altiverb and DP10.1 and later

Post by labman »

HCMarkus wrote:
7.3.6 is still the latest. The update with the buffer size fix for DP is not released yet.
So, I misunderstood an earlier email from AudioEase. The above is their response to last night's inquiry. I'll start a new thread when the update becomes available.
Thanks Markus. That will be most helpful.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
monty verdi

Post by monty verdi »

leigh wrote:Is there a way to reorder the columns in the Chunks window? I want the Play Enable button immediately to the left of the Chunk Name.

**Leigh
I also want this!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monty verdi wrote:
leigh wrote:Is there a way to reorder the columns in the Chunks window? I want the Play Enable button immediately to the left of the Chunk Name.

**Leigh
I also want this!
Both of these are in 10.13.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

How do you re-order the columns?
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Phil O wrote:How do you re-order the columns?
You don't. lol I don't see a way. It's right up there with my pet peeve: Chunk Folders
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Sorry, I'd had a couple of glasses of wine and tried re-ordering rows, not columns. I was horizontal and got rows and columns confused.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

bayswater wrote:
Sorry, I'd had a couple of glasses of wine and tried re-ordering rows, not columns. I was horizontal and got rows and columns confused.
Dude, after a couple of glasses of wine, the columns move themselves!

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
bayswater wrote:
Dude, after a couple of glasses of wine, the columns move themselves!

No, as the photo makes clear, one clearly requires the assistance of MonkeyMan or one of his close relatives.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

bayswater wrote:
https://youtu.be/ocse-0bBfo8?t=2192
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31