Motu m4 no sound after wake

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
b.g.
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Motu m4 no sound after wake

Post by b.g. »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Maybe you still have the Terminal command you can post here?
sudo kextutil -v /Library/Extensions/MOTUCoreUAC.kext

It goes without saying: caveat emptor.
MacBook Pro retina 2015, i7, 16GB, DP 10, M4
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

b.g. wrote:sudo kextutil -v /Library/Extensions/MOTUCoreUAC.kext

From the Terminal manual, it looks like this command would diagnose a problem with the .kext, but not fix anything. Did they ask you to report back what you got from running this?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
b.g.

Post by b.g. »

bayswater wrote:
From the Terminal manual, it looks like this command would diagnose a problem with the .kext, but not fix anything. Did they ask you to report back what you got from running this?
I had a memory fail. I'm sorry. Thinking back, I called MOTU specifically about the loopback inputs not publishing. The Terminal command fixed that. I was so happy that the tech was able to walk me through the fix that I forgot to tell him about the other issue I was having: The M4 was not being recognized as the default audio interface. Each time I launched DP I would have to go to Configure Hardware Driver and confirm M4. The Terminal command seems to have fixed that as well.
MacBook Pro retina 2015, i7, 16GB, DP 10, M4
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

b.g. wrote:
bayswater wrote:
I had a memory fail. I'm sorry. Thinking back, I called MOTU specifically about the loopback inputs not publishing. The Terminal command fixed that. I was so happy that the tech was able to walk me through the fix that I forgot to tell him about the other issue I was having: The M4 was not being recognized as the default audio interface. Each time I launched DP I would have to go to Configure Hardware Driver and confirm M4. The Terminal command seems to have fixed that as well.
Ok, never saw those problems but I’ll take note.

The issue in the OP shouldn’t have anything to do with this. I noticed it with my M4, Mackie ProFxv3, USB-C to Lightening charge/data cable, numerous USB-C hubs… no two at the same time.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
omnimanx1
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by omnimanx1 »

I am having the same problem with a PC running Windows 10. After waking from sleep mode I have to reset the M4 by powering down or unplugging USB. I am connected to USB 3.0 and the PC is very modern. I have used it with a Steinburg Interface as well as a Presonus Auidobox interface and neither of them had any issue waking with this PC.

Just wanted to add this for documentary value. I am sure an update from Motu, will resolve this down the road.

UPDATE:

Found my solution here:

https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/ ... dows-audio
LenardaCroyle

Post by LenardaCroyle »

No DAWs or other exceptionally complex applications. It will drop the WiFi in the event that it rests. Some of the time it returns following a moment thus!