828MK2 not showing up in Audio preferences (Solved)

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
dosuna11
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

828MK2 not showing up in Audio preferences (Solved)

Post by dosuna11 »

High Sierra Imac i5
I have a boot drive with High Sierra on it. My 828 does not show up in the preferences audio output. I downloaded the latest driver for this from MOTU and installed it. Where is the driver installed located in the library? What am I doing wrong? Still works for my OS 10.6.8 drive
Thanks
David

Here is what Matt from MOTU sent me
Thanks for connecting with us on the matter. On this OS, you have to jump through a Security hoop in order to get this to work. Please follow the instructions below and let me know if this aids in resolving the issue:

- Turn off your 828
- Open a Finder window and go to Applications. Move CueMix and all other MOTU applications to the Trash
- Once you've done that, go to Macintosh HD > Library > Extensions > move the MOTU.kext files to the Trash (there should be 4 of them)
- Restart your computer
- Next, go to motu.com/download and get the MOTU Audio Installer for Mac v1.6.73220 | Jul. 1, 2017
- Run the installer. You should get an error that says it's blocked from loading. To Allow it, go back into System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and Allow the installer to run. Once you do that, follow all on screen instructions for the installation.
- Restart your computer again once it completes
- You should be able to power on your 828 and get it recognized.

Best,
Matt
iMac 2.7Ghz quadcore i5 16 gig RAM DP 7.24 OS 10.6.8, iMac G5 2.1GHz 2.5 gig Ram DP 5.13 OS 10.4.11 MOTU 828 MK2, East West Platinum Plus, Miroslav Philharmonic, Komplete 5, Kontakt 2 Garritan Big Band, Mr Sax T, The Trumpet, DrumCore, Trilogy and Trillian, Ivory, MachFive, Ethno Instrument, Reason 4, SampleTank 2 Sampletron, Samplemoog, Melodyne Editor, Nomad plugins, Vintage Warmer, Ozone 4, Amplitube Jimi, Xgear and AmpegSVX.
http:www.davidosuna.com