Who Has New Toys?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Who Has New Toys?

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
bayswater wrote:But that's work. So it can't be a toy.
And buying, setting up, and learning to use a 3-D printer isn't? :rofl:
Not at all. I can't think of anything useful to do with it, and it costs a lot of money. So it's a toy.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

bayswater wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
bayswater wrote:But that's work. So it can't be a toy.
And buying, setting up, and learning to use a 3-D printer isn't? :rofl:
Not at all. I can't think of anything useful to do with it, and it costs a lot of money. So it's a toy.
I want a 3D printer that can print other 3D printers.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Wait, I can print anything in 3D? Is there a way to undo my cleared browser history? Asking for a friend.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Wait, I can print anything in 3D? Is there a way to undo my cleared browser history? Asking for a friend.
I guess that's coming. No, that's not what I meant. Never mind.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Saintmatthew

Post by Saintmatthew »

I've bought WAY too much crap since the pandemic started. My wife finally put her foot down this month. I picked up a couple guitars. First an 8 string to experiment with and then a six to learn because I realized how clueless I was. Then a bass which and learning the two together has been easier oddly. Oh, and some pedals since I'm playing it through a PA. A new synth (Wavestate) that I almost sent back but then wrote a song with which solidified it's space in the studio. Replaced all the cymbals on my drum kit with really nice ones (made a huge difference) and a new snare. Of course a nice mic set to record the nice new cymbals and snare and now I've spent all my "flash money" for the next 2 years.....
MacPro 12core 64GB Ram 4 1TB SSDs motu 828mk3 DP 10.11
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Well done. That’s the spirit. I had my eye on a10 string lap steel.
Saintmatthew wrote:I've bought WAY too much crap since the pandemic started. My wife finally put her foot down this month. I picked up a couple guitars. First an 8 string to experiment with and then a six to learn because I realized how clueless I was. Then a bass which and learning the two together has been easier oddly. Oh, and some pedals since I'm playing it through a PA. A new synth (Wavestate) that I almost sent back but then wrote a song with which solidified it's space in the studio. Replaced all the cymbals on my drum kit with really nice ones (made a huge difference) and a new snare. Of course a nice mic set to record the nice new cymbals and snare and now I've spent all my "flash money" for the next 2 years.....
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:Well done. That’s the spirit. I had my eye on a10 string lap steel.
Hmmmm... I recently sold my 10 string Dobro. What to do with the money?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:
bayswater wrote:Well done. That’s the spirit. I had my eye on a10 string lap steel.
It's obvious. Get another one.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

bayswater wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:
It's obvious. Get another one.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I've been playing with the Tina Guo Cello (Vols. 1 & 2) and the Taylor Davis Violin from Cinesamples. Really nice solo string instruments that can surprise you in a performance... using the Taylor Davis Violin in a video game score, I was knocked out when the instrument ended a rapid ascending run with a stray harmonic. Very "real" sounding and very playable.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]