UVI World Suite 2 is out, with lots of additions

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's Ethno virtual instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

UVI World Suite 2 is out, with lots of additions

Post by mhschmieder »

For those of you who have not upgraded beyond Ethno or Ethno 2, you might want to check with UVI to see if you qualify for one of the loyalty prices for the new World Suite 2 upgrade.

Even if you don't, the intro price is cheap for what it offers. I thoroughly documented and reviewed this update over at vi-control.net this week, so you can check my posts there if you'd like some details.

One of the main additions is a set of rare Georgian instruments, which aren't the same as the ones found in Armenia. There's a Georgian Duduki that is similar to the Armenian Duduk, but the other Georgian instruments are fairly unique and I don't think have been sampled by other developers yet.

It's also worth pointing out that VERY few of the new instrument additions overlap what is in Best Service's excellent Ethno World 6, so it is still the case that it is worth owning both products as they have different emphases and aren't strong in the same areas either.

Ethno and Ethno 2 still run in UVI Workstation, the last I checked, but I recently deleted my Ethno 2 copy as redundant and wasting precious SSD space, so can't say with certainty that this will always be the case going forward.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH