Vertical lines (beat markers?) in Seq editor when zoomed

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
detroitdiesel
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Vertical lines (beat markers?) in Seq editor when zoomed

Post by detroitdiesel »

I’m sure this a factor of snapping to beat or snapping to grid or something. When I horizontal zoom WAY in to do cross fades etc these Vertical blue lines appear in the wave form. (Makes it hard to see the waveform)

I jumped from 4.61 to DP10 and having no paper manual kinda sucks. Without knowing what word to enter into the help menu it’s hard to trouble shoot.

I’m fully convinced that it’s controllable from the upper right corner of sequence window but I don’t want to randomly click.

Sorry for the (probably) dumb question.

Did I mention I miss the paper book?

Thanks,
DD
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Vertical lines (beat markers?) in Seq editor when zoomed

Post by FMiguelez »

You can turn the beats display off in DP's preferences. Sorry I can't remember which tab, but it's somewhere in there for sure.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
detroitdiesel
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by detroitdiesel »

Thanks for the reply. I’ve searched around for beat detection settings but I must be missing it. Can anyone help remove these vertical lines? They are a pain when editing waveforms.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

It's a command that you have to set up. Go to the More Edit folder in the Commands window. Near the bottom of the zillions of commands there is Show Beats. You have to assign a keyboard shortcut to it. You can use that to turn the display of beats on and off.

To find things like this, use the Run Command (Shift Spacebar) and type in what you think might be the name of the thing you want. If you do this and type Beat, you'll see the Show Beat command, and it will probably tell you that no shortcut has yet been assigned. It will also tell you that the Command you want is in the More Edit section which refers to one of the folders in the Commands window.

Familiarity with the Run command and the Commands window is useful to get past the simple stuff in DP. There are just too many things to put in the static menus, so this is one way to find things that aren't there.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

bayswater wrote:find things that aren't there.
So Zen of you, bays.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I guess I could have written "aren't there".
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8