DP 10.11 Project from macOS to Windows - Plug-in missing

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rp88.2
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 10.11 Project from macOS to Windows - Plug-in missing

Post by rp88.2 »

Wasn't sure in which forum to put this, so I will start here.

I moved a project from macOS to Windows and when I start it up, I get the popup that says a plug-in (Tube Amp (stereo)) is missing.

Well... it isn't. :banghead: I have my Mac and PC setup as identical as I can:
VST3 Primary
VST2 Secondary
All the same plug-ins on both systems.

There was no issue with the Flux, Klangheim plug-ins or Serum.
(Unfortunately, my Mac is a few thousand miles away right now and I can't see if there is a slight name difference; for what ever reason)
But for this Voxengo plug-in, I have a 'Tube Amp (stereo)' version in the plug-ins manager on the PC.

Have others noticed this with certain plug-ins when copying a project over - is there a rule of thumb to prevent this in the future?
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: DP 10.11 Project from macOS to Windows - Plug-in missing

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Is the plug missing from the sequence or from the machine entirely? IOW, an you re-select the plug to apply it or does Windows day it doesn’t exist?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

rp88.2 wrote:Wasn't sure in which forum to put this, so I will start here.

I moved a project from macOS to Windows and when I start it up, I get the popup that says a plug-in (Tube Amp (stereo)) is missing.

Well... it isn't. :banghead: I have my Mac and PC setup as identical as I can:
VST3 Primary
VST2 Secondary
All the same plug-ins on both systems.

There was no issue with the Flux, Klangheim plug-ins or Serum.
(Unfortunately, my Mac is a few thousand miles away right now and I can't see if there is a slight name difference; for what ever reason)
But for this Voxengo plug-in, I have a 'Tube Amp (stereo)' version in the plug-ins manager on the PC.

Have others noticed this with certain plug-ins when copying a project over - is there a rule of thumb to prevent this in the future?
Can you open the missing plugins in the target machine in a new project?
Is it registered properly within DP in the preferences? I think you can force a rescan for selected plugins. Otherwise, temporarily trash the VST cache file so DP creates a new one. Does that work?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
rp88.2

Post by rp88.2 »

Yes, the plug-in is properly registered and I can use it in a new project. In addition, I can also insert it in the moved over project -- and it shows in the insert as 'Tube Amp (stereo)'

For whatever reason, the 'Tube Amp (stereo)' must look different between macOS and Windows -- unfortunately, I don't have my macOS machine available to see if it is a 'VST2/VST3' issue.

It is the only 3rd-party plug-in that had an issue in the moved over project.

I've already updated the tracks where the plug-in was "missing".
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

Is it possible that you may have selected the AU plug in your Mac session by mistake? If you didn't deselect MAS AU support in the plugin prefs that can happen.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
rp88.2

Post by rp88.2 »

I do not think so. The only plug-ins that are AU under macOS are two plug-ins from Black Rooster - that I am not using in this project.

FYI, MOTU confirmed the bug I filed with Black Rooster VST plug-ins under macOS - that is why they are AUs.

When I get access to my mac I will verify. Thanks for idea.