Problems with Waves VST3 plugins/GUI response

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
christopher.theblues
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Problems with Waves VST3 plugins/GUI response

Post by christopher.theblues »

I am a fairly new user to Digital Performer and have been running into issues with the VST3 plugins (specifically Waves). When I load the plugin and attempt to use it, the plugin will respond to my input but the display of the plugin will either not respond or will severely lag in response to the input to the point where the plugin is unusable. I have not had this happen in either Pro Tools or Ableton (which uses VST3). Any info on how to better optimize the system would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running with an i7 processor with 32GB of RAM. I believe the Waveshell is set to VST2 and all the plugins are VST3 so if that is the issue how would that be solved?
christopher.theblues
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Problems with Waves VST3 plugins/GUI response

Post by christopher.theblues »

So after talking with Waves tech support, it looks like Waves does not support DP on Windows. I guess they use AU on Mac and for whatever reason DP has issues running Waves VST3. I find this fairly interesting since other companies' VST3 plugins seem to work fine.
pencilina
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Problems with Waves VST3 plugins/GUI response

Post by pencilina »

I went through the same thing and found this:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&start=45

Also, do a search here and you'll find more info.

spoiler:
Use vst2 versions and update your graphics drivers and it should be fine.
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina