Sustaining MIDI notes

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
arsis
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Sustaining MIDI notes

Post by arsis »

DP 10.11 Kontact Player Shreddage 3

Three spots in this one song. The notes sometimes sustain too long. Sometimes it is perfect. Other times it glitches. I've done everything I know. Deleted the measure and rewrote it. Deleted other MIDI parts in the same spot.
It's always the same note in the same place.
Any thoughts? :banghead:
Lenovo Yoga i7, 16RAM, DP 10.11, Waves analog modeled plug-ins, AmpliTube, Shreddage 3 Jupiter, Mackie HR824 Mk1, Tobii Eye gaze mini.
Yes, I do everything using only my eyes. #ALSsucks
Even when I'm new school I'm old school.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sustaining MIDI notes

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Virtual instruments? Which ones? What kind of cpu load is that presenting? How are they distributed across the cores of the machine? How much RAM?

Need much more info
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Are the ends of the notes overlapping the starts of another? Try shortening the notes by a few ticks.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
arsis

Post by arsis »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Virtual instruments? Which ones? What kind of cpu load is that presenting? How are they distributed across the cores of the machine? How much RAM?

Need much more info
DP 10.11 Kontact Player Shreddage 3
16 gigs RAM

I'm running two tracks. One instance of Kontact/Shreddage 3 and one instance of BFD2. That's it.
Lenovo Yoga i7, 16RAM, DP 10.11, Waves analog modeled plug-ins, AmpliTube, Shreddage 3 Jupiter, Mackie HR824 Mk1, Tobii Eye gaze mini.
arsis

Post by arsis »

cuttime wrote:Are the ends of the notes overlapping the starts of another? Try shortening the notes by a few ticks.
I did. I selected the measure and set duration to 95%.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Have you tried creating a similar track as the problem MIDI track, assigned to the same VI, and placing the troublesome note(s) on that track? In other words, have two MIDI tracks assigned to the same VI that, between them, include all the MIDI data.

Worst case, set up a duplicate instantiation of the VI and MIDI track and split the notes between the VI instantiations.

I've notified MOTU about an anomaly I have encountered here and there; the first sustain pedal (cc64) On message, which works fine without quantization, fails to function if a quantization plugin is inserted on the track, regardless of where that On message is placed, before, at, or after the first MIDI note. If controllers are quantized, then it functions properly. If the quantization plugin is bypassed, all is well. If the sustain pedal message is placed on a separate MIDI track, everything is peachy.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31