Getting rid of the mixing board

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Getting rid of the mixing board

Post by mikehalloran »

gavspen wrote:By the way, is there a tutorial somewhere about how to do a multi quote, or cut up a quote into several pieces and reply to each one? It's useful sometimes and I dont know how.
Are you taking about this board?

There are a few ways to do it. One is to use the Quote button up top to insert what you want. You can usually do up to three before the site complains,
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
gavspen

Post by gavspen »

mikehalloran wrote: Are you taking about this board?

There are a few ways to do it. One is to use the Quote button up top to insert what you want. You can usually do up to three before the site complains,
Yes. Ok, I see how to quote multiple posts, but if quoting just one post, and you want to break it up into section and comment on each section, how do you do that? (Sorry if this isnt clear. Kinda hard to explain.)
Mac mini M1, 14.3.1, 16gigs RAM, 828 mk3 Hybrid, DP 11.23, Various VIs
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

gavspen wrote:

Yes. Ok, I see how to quote multiple posts, but if quoting just one post, and you want to break it up into section and comment on each section, how do you do that? (Sorry if this isnt clear. Kinda hard to explain.)
A couple ways but the easiest is to hit the Quote button and paste the text
in the middle.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
gavspen

Post by gavspen »

mikehalloran wrote:
gavspen wrote:

But when I hit "quote" the entire post is quoted in one piece, and typing/pasting text in the middle just looks like this. I guess I'm not understanding what you mean.

A couple ways but the easiest is to hit the Quote button and paste the text
in the middle.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I love my TC Electronics Level Pilot. Works great, takes no space, looks awesome on the desk.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Gravity Jim wrote:I love my TC Electronics Level Pilot. Works great, takes no space, looks awesome on the desk.
Exactly, and everyone who sees it knows what it's for and how to use it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
gavspen

Post by gavspen »

Gravity Jim wrote:I love my TC Electronics Level Pilot. Works great, takes no space, looks awesome on the desk.
I actually went with this....

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... controller

....a little more functionality for a few bucks more. Or is it that I just couldnt give up buttons completely. Haha.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

gavspen wrote: I actually went with this....

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... controller

....a little more functionality for a few bucks more. Or is it that I just couldn't give up buttons completely. Haha.
The first time you check Mono compatibility by pressing a button on your desk, you'll wonder why you waited so long. I rarely use the Dim or Mute switches on mine.

I use a subwoofer so that's the other useful function on my MC3. There are subs with footswitches that let you disengage but I don't own one of those—a button on the controller eliminates the need. Also, the MC3 lets me adjust the level and polarity of the sub while seated at my listening position. No crawling on the floor made it worth every penny to me. Hmmm... I just realize I could have written it off as a medical expense if I hadn't done so already for business.