Waves Abbey Road Studio fails with DP 10.1 / 10.11

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
etl17
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Waves Abbey Road Studio fails with DP 10.1 / 10.11

Post by etl17 »

Both the VST3 and VST2 versions of the Abbey Road Studio plugin from Waves seem to fail detection on DP 10.11 / 10.1. Anyone else can verify this on their Windows setup?
DP 9, Win 7 64bit, 24GB RAM, RME HDSPe / Digiface, UAD 2, Powercore x8, HUI, 1 million plugins!
jsg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Waves Abbey Road Studio fails with DP 10.1 / 10.11

Post by jsg »

etl17 wrote:Both the VST3 and VST2 versions of the Abbey Road Studio plugin from Waves seem to fail detection on DP 10.11 / 10.1. Anyone else can verify this on their Windows setup?
I can't say why your plugin failed, but I use a fantastic soft synth called "Dune", and it too failed to pass the VST examination in DP 10.11. It ran fine under other versions of DP. What I suggest is to override the failed plugin and see what happens. It will either crash the system or it won't. I did this with Dune and it appears to be running fine without problems. I have 3 instances of it and they're all working. But DP nevertheless reports it as having failed the VST examination.

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com
RipReed
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by RipReed »

I'll go ahead and chime in here. I just emailed both MOTU and Waves and also posted it in the DP group on Facebook (blech) regarding this same essential issue. Here's what I wrote:
Hi Folks! Hey this is a question for people running DP 10 (64bit) in Windows who have Waves v11 plugins.

I'm having trouble getting certain plugins to load - specifically H-Reverb VST3. The VST2s load fine. The plugins don't even show as having failed the scan process. they just don't even show up in the first place.

I've been searching the net to find a way to reset/rescan since repeated uninstall/reinstalls don't seem to do anything.

Any suggestions would be helpful. All of Motu's sadly outdated support docs tend to only reference the Mac platform (which I also use, but not in this scenario).
Hopefully someone can elucidate here. THere doesn't seem to be ANY info on deep dive Plugin troubleshooting for Windows 10 plugins. Also I just want to mention how woefully inadequate MOTU's documentation are is. Just sayin.
pencilina

Post by pencilina »

Yo!
I just ran into a similar issue after migrating to windows and updating to V11 and was able to get my waves plugins working in both VST3 and VST2 (I have and use a lot of them).

At first only a few VST3 plugins showed up. I messed around with waves central and it didn't fix anything and then called them. I was informed by a nice tech that Waves doesn't officially support DP in windows (!) but he was still helpful.

Hers's a list of everything I did. I don't remember exactly and I'm not sure what the magic bullet was but this will probably help someone:

He told me to trash:

C:\Users\ __type YOUR user name here__ \AppData\Roaming\Waves Audio\Preferences

and He sent me this (which I did):

Quit all applications.
Go to C:\Program Files\Waves Central\resources\res\external\Redistributables.
Go into the 2012, 2013, and 2015andUp folders and run all the files.
Click Repair for each file.
Restart your computer.

Still no cigar but Then I added:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves
to DP's plugin location preferences.

then I set preferred plug in format to VST2 I saw that a lot of VST plugins were now unexamined in DP's plugin manager. I clicked on a couple of the unexamined waveshells and it did the rescan thing and my plugin list seems populated with all my plugins.

I know I did a lot of rescanning and opening and closing of the plugin prefs. I also ended up with a lot of duplicates in the plugin manager list. Some are listed as failed and some are examined. Its a mess but the plugins seem to load. I havent worked on anything yet so can't chime in on long term stability but wanted to write this down in case I forgot.

Good luck.....
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina
RipReed

Post by RipReed »

That's great that Waves was so helpful to you because they told me go kick rocks. I did eventually get things working once I found Motu's preferences in the AppData folder.
pencilina

Post by pencilina »

Ha ha. Glad you got it sorted. Hopefully someone else will benefit from our collective misery and and hopefully Waves will support DP in Windows at some point.
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina