Expression/Articulation maps are coming to DP

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Expression/Articulation maps are coming to DP

Post by Michael Canavan »

The reason I think this is Steve Steels webinar on his orchestral templates.
He's going to start selling them, but can't until the next version of DP comes out. Looking at what he's doing it's hard to imagine any of it is that bothersome in DP, except his template for the iPad with articulations on it.
So, IMO in the next couple months hopefully a version of DP comes out with articulation maps. 8)

Oh, and if MOTU gets ticked at Steve for him having to admit he can't release his templates until the next version of DP, then maybe they shouldn't have booked him for a webinar! :lol:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Expression/Articulation maps are coming to DP

Post by terrybritton »

Well, Steve armed me with enough valuable insight to permit me to finally morph over to the modular template approach myself. I've been trying to make that work, but my clippings kept messing up in the bundles end. Jim Cooper and others recommended to me in chat at the end of the webinar that I make sure the new preference in Clippings was checked to include bundles in clippings, so I'm trying that now.

I'll be relieved to be able to make much smaller custom setups quickly now rather than loading in this massive template (with all its accompanying slowdowns in the UI) which has become a source of overwhelm, to say the least!

I already had moved all my VEP connectors over to V-Racks, so it is nice how loading is instantaneous, and I like how VEP permits "powering" down unneeded instruments or sets of instruments to save RAM and CPU on the hosting computers, too. In DP's Chunks window, "powering down" a V-rack does free up the CPU load on the host, but it doesn't unload the samples, and that is where "powering down" in VEP helps.

I do not see an immediate need for making device groups as Steve did, as I'll not be using an iPad or that program he used as a remote key-switch tool. But perhaps I should explore that with TouchDaw or TouchOSC for Android and see if I can make that idea work there. If the next version of DP is going to include a helper for that kind of purpose, I'll be overjoyed, of course!

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Expression/Articulation maps are coming to DP

Post by Michael Canavan »

terrybritton wrote: I do not see an immediate need for making device groups as Steve did, as I'll not be using an iPad or that program he used as a remote key-switch tool. But perhaps I should explore that with TouchDaw or TouchOSC for Android and see if I can make that idea work there. If the next version of DP is going to include a helper for that kind of purpose, I'll be overjoyed, of course!

Terry
Therein lies the clue, a remote key switch tool doesn't need any helper in a new version of DP. A remote articulation mapper would need, articulation mapping in the DAW that it worked with .
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.