Good Muted Brass Library?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bkshepard
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Good Muted Brass Library?

Post by bkshepard »

Do any of you have recommendations for a good muted brass sample library? I'm specifically looking for something to use with symphonic and orchestral pops types of recordings. Most of the better brass libraries have some muted trumpet and trombone (usually straight and harmon mutes), but I'm looking for something deeper. Ideally, I'd like something that has both individual player (4 horns, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, and maybe even muted tuba!) as well as ensemble versions of the sections. In addition to the mutes mentioned above, Im trying to find things like:
  • Muted Horn
  • Stopped Horn
  • Cup Mute
  • Bucket Mute
  • Solotone Mute
I've got the Berlin Brass from Orchestral Tools and the Chris Hein ProHorns and I've looked at Orchestral Tools' Berlin Muted Brass. Between them, they have some of what I'm after, but not all, and often with only two players. I know I can do some EQ magic to fake some of the mute sounds as well as the other two players, but thought I'd try to see if such a beast exists. Thanks for any suggestions.
-Brian

Mac M1 Ultra 20-core, OS 14.3.1, 128 GB RAM, DP 11.3.1, UA Apollo x6
HCMarkus

Re: Good Muted Brass Library?

Post by HCMarkus »

Ever looked a Wallander? Breath controller is essential for best results, and realism on a static note is not like a sample, but expression and playability are superb.
bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

HCMarkus wrote:Ever looked a Wallander? Breath controller is essential for best results, and realism on a static note is not like a sample, but expression and playability are superb.
I'll check 'em out. Thanks for the tip!
-Brian

bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

Has anyone had a chance to work with Audiobro's Modern Scoring Brass? I like the playability of their LA Scoring Strings library and wonder if this might be a good option.
-Brian