Chopin - 'Winter Wind' Etude Op.25 No.11 in Am

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
muzika
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Chopin - 'Winter Wind' Etude Op.25 No.11 in Am

Post by muzika »

Back To The Basics #3

w/DP10 = Sounds much better than any other DAW, IMO.

https://youtu.be/mAkMQuSO8LM
FMiguelez

Re: Chopin - 'Winter Wind' Etude Op.25 No.11 in Am

Post by FMiguelez »

Did you play or program this, or both?

What piano VI are you using? How much or how little EQ are you using?
At first I thought it could be a bit too warm or muddy in the bottom, but it's more likely my room and speakers are at fault.
I like it. It does't sound harsh :D

I think that counts more for your sound than the DAW where it was made, unless it would sound drastically different in other DAW with the same VI and settings, which I doubt.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
muzika

Post by muzika »

To FMiguelez:

We cannot express the performance of the piano in this way by programming as far as I know. Can you?

Custom made VI
Almost non EQ but just add limiter and a bit muddy in the bottom which you mentioned it, 'cause no editing.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

muzika wrote:To FMiguelez:

We cannot express the performance of the piano in this way by programming as far as I know. Can you?
Not without spending countless hours editing and mousing around... And the results are seldomly as good as only editing a great real performance.

I usually end-up doing both... Play my best performance and then edit --> My MIDI keyboard doesn't have the same pulsation as my real piano, so I always end up doing mistakes in the keyboard which I must then edit and correct in DP.
muzika wrote: Custom made VI
Almost non EQ but just add limiter and a bit muddy in the bottom which you mentioned it, 'cause no editing.
Very cool.

What do you mean "back to basics"? Are you a professional pianist doing some sort of piano retraining? That piece is anything but basic to me! :)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
muzika

Post by muzika »

I agree with you that 'Play my best performance and then edit' for the ensembles. But not for solo performance 'cause I don't wanna play with clicks.

See this about Back To The Basics
From YouTube:
As all the work has stopped it by COVID-19, I am during the piano special training since the student. But it's to say that the exercise of the piano is a part to compose music that I am different from other people.