Myarrangement of "Better Boat" by K. Chesney

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
donreynolds
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Myarrangement of "Better Boat" by K. Chesney

Post by donreynolds »

Hey all. I have been out of recording for several years due to life in general. But I am digging back into DP and recorded an arrangement of Kenny Chesney's song, Better Boat to kinda get used to it again.
Have a listen and see if you like the arrangement and the mix. It's not mastered. I don't have the ears for that. I wish I did though.
I used FG-X and tweaked it a little. I tried Lurrsen mastering console, but I like the Slate plug better. Maybe I just do not know how to use it correctly though?

here is the soundcloud link. I hope that it works.

https://soundcloud.com/donreynolds/better-boat

Going to start getting my original material recorded now.

I used mostly Slate and Waves stuff and a few other plugs for processing. Had to do a lot of updating, which was a PITA.

MLC, Bayswater, Magic Dave and a few others have been great on helping me sort through some issues getting back into it.

This is an awesome group. I have been very honored to have been a member for many years.
DP 9, MacPro 2.93/8 core/22 Gb RAM. OS X 10.11.6, 13"Macbook PRO 2.66 Duo, OS 10.11.6 El Capitan, 2xWD 150gig Raptor x 2, x3 My Book Studio 1 & 2Tb drive x 2, DP 7.24, BLA/Motu 896 HD x 2, BLA microclock ll, Presonus Central Station, Waves Plat. V7 , Slate Everything, Melodyne studio, SSD 5, TruePianos, Scuffham S-Gear, Alpha Track, Event 20/20 bas, Adam A7, and other toys, Lotsa guitars, HeadRush GTR processor and a Korg Triton)
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Myarrangement of "Better Boat" by K. Chesney

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Very nice! Thanks.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS