Waves Wierdness

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Rainman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Waves Wierdness

Post by Rainman »

Recently upgraded my iMac from a 2011 to a 2019, did the migration and for the most part everything went fine, a few software upgrades etc., and some peripherals to get it all moving. Now, I hate to harp on a software company but if I'm ever going to have issues it's either Waves or iLok. In this instance none of my Waves plugs are recognized. I've rescan'd both in DP and Waves but no cigar, it's not a show stopper as I have many other plugs that work equally or better but I know these plugs and can get to where I want to very quickly with them.
So today I launched Komplete Kontrol software and it asked for a rescan, went without a hitch and I can now access all my Waves plugs and instruments via keyboard and Komplete Kontrol but still not in DP 10.1 Any ideas/suggestions?
DP 10.0, UA Apollo Two, UA Octo, far too many plugs.
mikehalloran

Re: Waves Wierdness

Post by mikehalloran »

It can be dealt with but it’s a Waves issue, not DP. I got the same Waves errors in Finale, Dorico, Logic and DP.

Rather than try to fix it, I copped out and removed WavShell from all of my plugin folders. Tired of dealing with them.

The solutions are probably found on their web site but life is too short.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I have issues with Waves just about every time there is some sort of major update in OS X or DP. From many back and forth emails with their support people, I expect that if you have WUP and keep everything at their latest releases, you can avoid most of these problems. I have multiple versions from V9 and V10. The process I have to follow in this order: 1) remove everything using a process they suggested. 2) Download a V10 installer and run that, 3) Download a V9 installer (not easy to find) and run that.

I'd happily ditch Waves if it wasn't for a few of their plugins that do stuff I haven't been able to replicate with anything else.

On iLok, I haven't had any issues for a very long time, since their total melt down some time ago.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Rainman

Post by Rainman »

Thanks for the responses guys, I may try one last time and if no go I'll probably just dump them. I too am getting too long in the tooth to devote a half day or day on something only used sporadically. Cheers
DP 10.0, UA Apollo Two, UA Octo, far too many plugs.