Can't deactivate my usb MIDI device

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cocoon
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Can't deactivate my usb MIDI device

Post by cocoon »

Hello, I want to deactivate my Korg minilogue device from DP but I want to use it(Korg minilogue) simultaneously with another software along with DP. I go to Bundles window but I can't disable it. Could you please help?
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can't deactivate my usb MIDI device

Post by HCMarkus »

Have you tried using MIDI Multi Record? With it, you can assign specific MIDI controllers to input record-enabled MIDI tracks. With Multi Record enabled, unless you assign the Korg MIDI output to a MIDI input in DP, it won't have any effect. If I understand your need correctly, this may resolve your issue.
Last edited by HCMarkus on Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

You can un-assign it, but you cannot disable it or delete it from the bundles window if it is plugged in. Simply remove the check boxes (or the entire assignment).

If it is making problems for you when in regular record mode, change to multi-record like HCMarkus suggests. I have to do that with the NI keyboards.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
cocoon

Post by cocoon »

Thanks very much for your answers. Is there any way to deactivate the usb MIDI device? On Ableton Live for example, on the MIDI preference window, it is possible to disable and enable any MIDI device. Very strange that DP don’t have this function.
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

cocoon wrote:Thanks very much for your answers. Is there any way to deactivate the usb MIDI device? On Ableton Live for example, on the MIDI preference window, it is possible to disable and enable any MIDI device. Very strange that DP don’t have this function.
Well, that is the point of Studio==>Multi-Record. You only use what you need to assign. Anything else goes un-assigned, even if it does show up in the list of available devices. Bundles window is just showing you what is available. You CAN un-check the O and I slots so the device doesn't go anywhere useful, of course, and even remove the reference from the list.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools