Reason 11 Studio Plug ins

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
funkyfreddy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Reason 11 Studio Plug ins

Post by funkyfreddy »

I put up the $ and bought this last night. Some new possibilities happening with Reason 11 as an effects and instrument plugin in DP.... :)

I'm thinking of starting a new thread dealing with the work flow between the two programs....

Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate!
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB RAM OSX 11.2 Big Sur
UAD Apollo Quad DP11.22 some Waves, Soundtoys, Digital Performer 11.2, Reason 12, iZotope 11, and lots of real instruments to play :)
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Recently upgraded to DP10 and Reason 11 - they seem to be working okay after a glitch which seems connected with the old Rewire protocol. Although Studio One is my primary DAW I still find DP useful for MIDI at the start of a composition, but yet to use the clips editor but no doubt will get round to it. So far liking DP10 now I have manged to get my own Themes to work - and the the Reason Rack Plugin seems to be working fine at the moment.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy »

I'm having hard time getting the Reason 11 Vocoder to work in DP10. So far I have not been able to get a working modulation input into it. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or user error...... :roll:
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB RAM OSX 11.2 Big Sur
UAD Apollo Quad DP11.22 some Waves, Soundtoys, Digital Performer 11.2, Reason 12, iZotope 11, and lots of real instruments to play :)
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Rather than waste time, if you can get this working in Reason 11 standalone, then record it there and bounce it down for import into Studio One.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

funkyfreddy wrote:I'm having hard time getting the Reason 11 Vocoder to work in DP10. So far I have not been able to get a working modulation input into it. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or user error...... :roll:
AU in DP doesn't allow for MIDI input like VST does. At least in my experience. This is one of the reasons why I wish that the VST3 was working. From what I recall multi MIDI input into an instance of Reason Rack is currently not supported as well.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Guitar Gaz wrote:Recently upgraded to DP10 and Reason 11 - they seem to be working okay after a glitch which seems connected with the old Rewire protocol.
No more Rewire with REASON 11 _

REASONRack Plugin don't work fine in mono version .

Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy »

corbo-billy wrote: No more Rewire with REASON 11 _

Yes, this is somewhat irritating to me. I hate when manufacturers reduce the functionality of their programs....

I have Reason 10 and Reason 11 sitting side by side on my dock along with DP and have to decide which one to use on a project to project basis since I can't do Rewire with Reason 11 anymore.....

They giveth and they taketh away.... Oy vey!