Multiple Audio Production Tracks for Movie

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
toddhayen
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Multiple Audio Production Tracks for Movie

Post by toddhayen »

In scoring a film I receive several alternative sound tracks along with the one embedded in the movie. In the movie is the temp score, then I receive a separate wav file of the production track with no temp music, then another with sound effects. I can import all these as soundbites and lock them to picture and everything is in sync. If I want to use chunks for each of my cues so each cue starts at bar 1, how do I lock these additional sound tracks (imported as audio tracks) to the MOVIE so they remain synced to the film for each of my chunks (similar to "Use movie for all sequences"...would be "use audio track for all sequences"). As it is now, the audio tracks realign to the start of the new chunk...I want them to stay put, locked to the movie, not realigned to start of the chunk. Is this possible?
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Multiple Audio Production Tracks for Movie

Post by HCMarkus »

Could you cut the alt tracks at each point you want to start a new chunk before you create the chunks?