Arturia Spark LE controller not working in DP?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mopho007
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Arturia Spark LE controller not working in DP?

Post by mopho007 »

I have a Arturia Spark LE controller and plug-in. Plug-in runs fine in DP (9.5) but it won't connect properly to the Spark LE controller. Only way to get it to "kinda" work is unplug the controller and plug it back in after DP launches - but even then it's very sluggish in response and cannot really play the pads due to massive latency from the controller. :banghead: Also, DP won't record anything you do on the controller.

Contacted Arturia, they said it's a MOTU thing of course, lol.

I also have a Korg MS20ic USB controller, that works with the MS-20 plug-in but it doesn't send back the LED information to the controller. :roll:

I was looking at getting other dedicated USB controllers like TC Electronics that relies on the getting information BACK from the plug-in to display correctly. But now reluctant after seeing the results with Spark LE.

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance.
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Arturia Spark LE controller not working in DP?

Post by Michael Canavan »

mopho007 wrote:I have a Arturia Spark LE controller and plug-in. Plug-in runs fine in DP (9.5) but it won't connect properly to the Spark LE controller. Only way to get it to "kinda" work is unplug the controller and plug it back in after DP launches - but even then it's very sluggish in response and cannot really play the pads due to massive latency from the controller. :banghead: Also, DP won't record anything you do on the controller.

Contacted Arturia, they said it's a MOTU thing of course, lol.

I also have a Korg MS20ic USB controller, that works with the MS-20 plug-in but it doesn't send back the LED information to the controller. :roll:

I was looking at getting other dedicated USB controllers like TC Electronics that relies on the getting information BACK from the plug-in to display correctly. But now reluctant after seeing the results with Spark LE.

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance.
So like Maschine, SparkLE uses a proprietary method to 'talk' to the Spark plug in. This is the crazy part, but you do not want to have a MIDI track record enabled to the Spark plug in with the SprkLE controller as the input, it introduces latency as you've discovered. without

You can use SparkLE as generic MIDI controller using Arturia's MIDI Control Center software downloadable from their site to assign MIDI notes and CC etc. I haven't done this but it looks like it works like a regular MIDI controller when used that way.

I really like SparkLE, but Arturia are abandoning it, just something to keep in mind, it's probably never getting OS X Catalina support.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.