MachFive 3 not working as a standalone app

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MachFive 3 not working as a standalone app

Post by Rick Cornish »

I sometimes use MV3 as a standalone when composing or checking scores. Lately, I've been unable to get sound out of it, though it works fine in DP.

=MIDI function is working (I can see activity when I press keys on my controller)
=My Apogee Quartet is selected as the output device in the system sound control panel
=On the audio device tab of the Audio/MIDI settings, it shows my Quartet and the correct sample rate settings, but on the routing tab, the only available device is listed as "N.A."

Just checked the Omnisphere standalone, and I'm getting the same thing.

What am I missing?

(I have this machine on High Sierra presently.)
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
sacknell

Re: MachFive 3 not working as a standalone app

Post by sacknell »

My Machfive keeps losing it's sound banks. I load them one by one, but the next time it's blank. Please tell me the solution, and maybe that will fix yours also. If totally different, I apologize.
DP, ProTools,Reason,Mashine, Mac 6core 2013, 4core MacBook Pro, Waves, Slate VMS ONE, McDsp, Softube etc.. Avid S3, Yamaha 01V96i, Digi 003, and a whole lot of 'the next best thing' analog gear, slowly exiting the workspace!!
KenNickels

Re: MachFive 3 not working as a standalone app

Post by KenNickels »

In stand alone mode you need to identify your audio output device under the top level File menu.
My Box(s): Two Mac Pros 5,1/3Ghz, 12 core, 96GB Ram, OS 10.14.6, One Windows 10 computer, Vienna Ensemble Pro, MOTU Audio Express, DP 10.01, Falcon 3, Eastwest, NOVO Strings, 8Dio Brass, Spitfire,, Symphobia