CC7 stops working SOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
belkina
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

CC7 stops working SOLVED

Post by belkina »

I recently have been having a problem I never had before in years of work. Normally I use CC11 for expression and CC7 for global volume. For some reason now in a few recent files CC7 does nothing at all on any virtual instrument, no matter from which manufacturer. I never had this problem before. I haven't changed anything in my DP prefs. Older files and new files are fine, this only happens in projects done within a couple of months of each other, but otherwise totally unrelated.

(DP 9.52)

Any ideas what's going on? How can I get CC7 back to normal?
Last edited by belkina on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: CC7 stops working

Post by stubbsonic »

I wonder if some defaults have changed (with respect to VIs).

I tested here with DP 9.52 (also my current version). At first, Pianoteq ignored the CC7 & CC10. But then I went into the MIDI settings for Pianoteq and turned on the "FULL FEATURED" global MIDI mapping which includes those controls, and it worked as it should.

I tested with MOTU's Bassline and the mix fader (CC7) worked fine. But it ignored pan (CC10)-- which might be because it is a strictly mono VI.

Modulo worked with CC7 (though quite zippery).

I brought up AAS String Studio and it didn't work at first, so I went into settings and turned on the appropriate MIDI control and it worked.

See if it works for MOTU VI's, and for the other VI's, check to see if there are settings within the VI to enable. I know you said that it seems to be project dependent. And perhaps there is something that in more recent versions defaults to off, that didn't used to.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
belkina

Re: CC7 stops working

Post by belkina »

Thanks, but if it were defaults, why would any new files be fine?
belkina

Re: CC7 stops working-SOLVED

Post by belkina »

Finally found the solution. I had Enable Automation properly set up but for some reason, for these few files, the setting "Enable Automation Playback" was off. No idea why it did that, I certainly did not deliberately change it.