How to crop a bunch of screenshots to the same dimensions?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How to crop a bunch of screenshots to the same dimensions?

Post by FMiguelez »

Hi.

So I have like 90 screenshots that I need to edit/cut to a specific size.
I want to edit the first one (so I crop it to taste) and batch-edit the rest with the same settings.

Any idea of how I could do this?

Thanks!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: How to crop a bunch of screenshots to the same dimension

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

If you have Photoshop it has a great batch processor. Super easy.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

GraphicConverter (from Lemke) also has a batch processor. But I assume you're talking about batch resizing, not batch cropping -- the app will not know where to apply the crop, even if it knows the resulting image dimension.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Thanks for the suggestions.
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:If you have Photoshop it has a great batch processor. Super easy.
I don't have Photoshop. I'm a photo/picture neophyte :(
bayswater wrote:GraphicConverter (from Lemke) also has a batch processor. But I assume you're talking about batch resizing, not batch cropping -- the app will not know where to apply the crop, even if it knows the resulting image dimension.
I actually want the same cropping applied to all the screenshots, based on the first shot.

I was hoping for something like Preview. AFAIS, it lets one mass-resize but not mass-crop.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Batch crop where the same start and end points of the crop would be applied to all the images -- GraphicConverter will do this. You can define the top left of the image, and then the width and height and apply to a selected set of jpeg images. The operation is lossless, so the sizes have to conform to the sampling used to create the jpeg. In this case, must be divisible by 8 or 16. There doesn't seem to be a crop operation for other image formats. This used to be shareware and would do some stuff for free. Maybe will still.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Tomrabbit

Post by Tomrabbit »

The GraphicConverter site says you can try for free. I missed the suggestion by Bays in last line before I posted.
MacBook Pro 8,3 2.3GHz i7 16GB Ram 10.11.6 , DP 7.2.4 & DP8 , Ultralite, Micro Express, Altiverb 6, Nomad Factory Integral Studio Pack etc...