Salish Dream

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
pacificm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Salish Dream

Post by pacificm »

For some time now I've wanted to create a music video featuring my music that would also take advantage of 3D animation in live action settings. I happen to live near the Salish Sea where I frequently escape from my studio to connect with the sea and nature. Salish Dream was my attempt to pull all that together in a setting I've come to appreciate.

Salish Dream is a 3D live action music video that takes the viewer into a Salish Sea dream sequence that guides the redemption of the hero. The hero is all who aspire to be creative and fully alive, but who at times feel boxed in and defeated. A dream visit to the Salish Sea confronts the hero with 3D animated spirits who move to Afro Cuban beats. By the end of this short eight minute video the hero regains his own vitality.

Salish Dream is an attempt to create a modern day story of the power of places like the Salish Sea and how they can help us all regain our own vitality in a world where we can often feel drained.

I’ve attached a link to Salish Dream below:

I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X7iGSk ... e=youtu.be
1) iMac (2020, 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel i7) OS X 10.15.7, 72 GB RAM
2) iMac Quad Core (Late 2015, 4GHz Intel Core i7) OS X 10.15.7, 32 GB RAM,
3) Mac Pro (Late 2013, 6.5 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon E5) OS X 10.15.7, 64 GB RAM

Software: DP 10.13, FCPX, VSL Chamber Strings, Vienna Suite, Ensemble Pro 5, MIR Pro | Ivory | Stylus RMX, Trillian, Omnisphere 2 | Samplemodeling Trumpet, Flutes & Saxes | EZ Drummer 2 | BFD3 | East West | MOTU UltraLite Mk3
mikehalloran

Re: Salish Dream

Post by mikehalloran »

Interesting. Clever. I like it.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I live a few steps from the Salish Sea and see it every day. I like this piece. It sounds great, and it looks like this sea, but to me it doesn't sound like it. What prompted you to use "Afro Cuban beats"?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
pacificm

Post by pacificm »

What prompted me to use Afro Cuban beats?
This is just the kind of music that I like and love to create. For years, after spending hours at keyboards creating this kind of music and then breaking away with my kayak to visit the Salish Sea, this was an opportunity to bring my music and the Salish Sea together in the form of a music video.

I recently heard from a media pundit that considering all of the incredible media tools we now have at our disposal, there is more we can be doing to create variations of media. One of the types of media that intrigued me was the music video. How can we create more variations of this genre? This was my attempt to create another variation of a music video - one that was highly personal for me.

Thank you for writing your note from Vancouver. I'm so glad to hear from another person who has a connection with the Salish Sea.
1) iMac (2020, 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel i7) OS X 10.15.7, 72 GB RAM
2) iMac Quad Core (Late 2015, 4GHz Intel Core i7) OS X 10.15.7, 32 GB RAM,
3) Mac Pro (Late 2013, 6.5 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon E5) OS X 10.15.7, 64 GB RAM

Software: DP 10.13, FCPX, VSL Chamber Strings, Vienna Suite, Ensemble Pro 5, MIR Pro | Ivory | Stylus RMX, Trillian, Omnisphere 2 | Samplemodeling Trumpet, Flutes & Saxes | EZ Drummer 2 | BFD3 | East West | MOTU UltraLite Mk3
MichaelAshSharbaugh

RE: "Salish Dream," and All You Other Dreamers here ...

Post by MichaelAshSharbaugh »

So good to see You All here: a lively, thriving group of musicians and sound-engineers that utilize the same software I've been using since 1998 [DP v2]!

My name is Michael Ash Sharbaugh, and I compose atmospheric pop, space rock, ambient, and experimental musics.

Here is My SoundCloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/michael-ash-sharbaugh

ALL of My recording has touched MOTU's DP in some shape or form.

Best,

~M
  • Apple Mac Pro [mid-2012] [Westmere] [model: A1289] [EMC: 2629] [5,1] | | CPU: 2 x 3.06GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon | RAM: 40GB | GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Core Edition 8GB GDDR5 -~-

-~- MAC OS X: 10.14.6 [Mojave] -~-

-~- DP version: 11.3 -~-

-~- MOTU 1248 MOTU 2408 | MOTU MIDI Express XT | MOTU MIDI Express 128 | MOTU MTP / AV | MOTU Video Timepiece | MOTU MicroBook -~-