Shortcut keys (track size and renaming a soundbite)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
swpowe
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Shortcut keys (track size and renaming a soundbite)

Post by swpowe »

I'm a huge fan of using the keyboard as much as possible and I'm currently wondering if there's a shortcut that will allow me to rename a selected soundbite. I'm editing a lot of dialog and currently I have to move to the mouse and "Option Click" on the selected soundbite (in the sequence window) then type in a name. It'd be nice to be able to just use a shortcut since the clip is already selected...

Sorry, while I'm on the topic of shortcut keys, another one I'd love to know about is if it's possible to increase / decrease the size of the selected track via a keyboard shortcut. I'm aware that I can adjust all the tracks at once but is it possible to only adjust the currently selected track(s)?

Thanks.
dix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Shortcut keys (track size and renaming a soundbite)

Post by dix »

In DP10 there's a new Command that makes the selected track huge that's very useful (sry. i don't recall what it's called, i'm booted into DP9 currently).

There's no command for the Soundbite option-renaming thing. Hitting Enter after changing a name in the Soundbite List will select and activate the naming-field in the next Soundbite in the list, but I don't think that's what you're after. There may be keyboard extension software, such as Keyboard Maestro, that could help. There's a few users here that might be able to inform you. (hello MIDILifeCrises).

If I may digress slightly, I have a couple other Shortcuts I'd like to add to the list.

- A single key-command to set the ME automation strip to Lines (that sucker is the bane of my MIDI composing life)
- A command that sets crossfades to either Linear or Even-powered (the bane of my audio editing life)

MLC might be able say if these would be possible with one of his keyboard enhancement apps too.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
mesayre
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by mesayre »

There is a command to zoom to selected track (Ctr-Opt-Z). That fills the whole screen, though. Not sure if that's what you want. But when used together with Ctrl-left-bracket it's fast and handy.

As for your original query, sorry, I am not aware of an alternative to the ones already mentioned.
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB
dix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by dix »

Re what I mentioned, making tracks huge. Zoom to Track is what it's called and it's only in DP10.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com