Haven't used MachFive2 in two years, some Qs

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

edurbrow@sea.plala.or.jp
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Haven't used MachFive2 in two years, some Qs

Post by edurbrow@sea.plala.or.jp »

I lost my iLok A couple of years ago and have just recently acquired a new one and reactivated my MachFive2 authorization.
I’ve gone through a couple of system upgrades and a startup HD swap. However my original disk where I put MachFive2 sounds is still in my computer.

Is there any way, I can recover my patches? I cannot find MachFive2 in the list in the Output column in the Tracks window when I click there.

In every project I open, MachFive2 is italicized in the Output. If I click on the existing MachFive2 instrument track in the track window, it opens and I can see all the patches for an instant, but almost immediately what I get is another black window that says: sample not found couldn't load the file…. I click find all missing samples, but I get a message saying 'the following errors occurred while loading’ and a long, long list. After dismissing the error messages, the MachFive2 window is there with the patches but seems not to be functional. Clicking on a patch does not brighten it up. Only patch A1 is bright.

This is what my MachFive Folder looks like from within MachFive2
Does this look right?
Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Haven't used MachFive2 in two years, some Qs

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'd start by a complete reinstall if M5 and all components. But I'd also strongly suggest updating to ver 3. It's a whole new world.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
edurbrow@sea.plala.or.jp

Re: Haven't used MachFive2 in two years, some Qs

Post by edurbrow@sea.plala.or.jp »

When I load an old project, I often get a MachFive2 error with a list of all the samples that says "Sample Not Found - Could not load file xxx"
I can click "Find All Missing Volumes", but it just seems to spin forever.
I can instantiate a new MachFive, but then I loose all the patches that I had and still can't seem to load any files.
When I did a Spotlight search for MachFive, I found the biggest folder was 3.27GB in a folder that was from a previous HD. I can navigate to it when trying to load a patch, but when I choose a performance, it says "The following errors occurred while "Loading "xxx" Discard INVALID PROGRAM Couldn't load preset file 'xxx'
I just can't figure this out and want to start over, but am afraid of losing my install on the thumb drive from iLok.
Thanks in advance
Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan