Kontakt 6?

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Kontakt 6?

Post by monkey man »

Thank you, Mark!

HandHeld Sound's Flying Hand Percussion has been on my radar since the get-go; that was always going to be the one instrument I figured I'd ever need for it, so I'm not surprised you've recommended it.

Well, I'll have K6 anyway, so, particularly if the Collector-edition-Komplete's included library (forgotten what it's called - Cuban something or other?) doesn't include MIDI-velocity "layering" for realtime playing, FHP will be a no-brainer. Dayum. More money... and waiting.

Thanks again, bud. Hope you're well!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

HCMarkus wrote:
cuttime wrote:
billf wrote: Is there still a database function in K6? I just installed Komplete 12, and at first glance it looks like NI is relying on Native Access and Komplete Kontrol, unless there is something I am overlooking.
That seems to be the conclusion that was reached by the thread from the NI forums that I posted. They said Komplete Kontrol was free, but I can't find any way to download it, not through Native Access, or directly.
You might try reaching out to Native Instruments... I own Komplete Ultimate 10, but Komplete Control did not show up on Native Access. I emailed NI, and they added it for me.
I gave it a shot. This is the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting Native Instruments.

This tab was indeed removed in Kontakt 6. If you really want to use this tab, you can still use Kontakt 5 if necessary.

I'm sorry I couldn't provide you with a more satisfying answer but please let me know if I can help you with anything else."
:shake:
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

mikehalloran wrote:When I saw that the full Symphonic libraries come with the Ultimate Collectors Edition in addition to the 30 expansion packs, I decided to spend the $199 now and wait till the next sale

I still need a new(er?) Mac than the 2010 and 2011 I have now. I don't know that next Tuesday's announcements will be of interest but I am curious to see what Apple has in the pipe.

Anyway, $999 wasn't in this week's NI budget even if Sweetwater will let me spread it over 24 months. Black Friday? Summer Sale? Maybe...
I have always been confused on this “essentials” orchestras vs “full” versions. I haven’t been able to find data not his. Do you have a link to an explanation of this or could you tell me? I think I have “essentials” with 11 “Ultimate”. I was always confused as to whether or not there was a larger version and why “Ultimate” didn’t come with it? IF there is s big difference, I will get collectors edition, even though I think its BS to buy”uptime” and have it not have the biggest version of its orchestras.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

toodamnhip wrote: I have always been confused on this “essentials” orchestras vs “full” versions. I haven’t been able to find data not his. Do you have a link to an explanation of this or could you tell me? I think I have “essentials” with 11 “Ultimate”. I was always confused as to whether or not there was a larger version and why “Ultimate” didn’t come with it? IF there is s big difference, I will get collectors edition, even though I think its BS to buy”uptime” and have it not have the biggest version of its orchestras.
It’s confusing. I didn’t spot it at first when I looked at the Compare chart but I finally saw it: SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS in one column and SYMPHONY SERIES in the other.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... 2/compare/

Huh?

It took some searching but I finally found them.

SYMPHONY SERIES — 165G
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ollection/

SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS — 18G
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ollection/

Each of the libraries can also be found on this page:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... /komplete/
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

NI used to offer a functioning demo of Symphony Essentials. I have a collection of about 15G of these, including Brass, Solo Brass, String Ensemble, WW ensemble and WW solo. I'm less than impressed. The strings are some of the worst I have. The GUI is the "one knob" theory of design, although there are deeper options for further articulations.
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Calling the package “Ultimate” while giving only the essential orchestra libraries is BS!!!!
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Even-worse, it's called "Komplete Ultimate", 'Hipster. :shock:

toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

monkey man wrote:Even-worse, it's called "Komplete Ultimate", 'Hipster. :shock:
Well we can’t be confusing “Complete” with “Komplete” now can we?
That’s what the “K” means, “K”= KON..... :rofl:
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

You kould be kompletely korrekt, 'Hipster. :?

cuttime

Post by cuttime »

After telling me "no can do", NI says "come and get It". Komplete Kontrol is free. AND, the K5 database tab is back in K6. Go figure:

http://newsletter.native-instruments.co ... tent=owned