Many of my VST2 or VST3 don't show up in DP10

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jayrhum
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Many of my VST2 or VST3 don't show up in DP10

Post by jayrhum »

I used DP for a long time I just download and install the trial DP10 my plugin are recognized in the preference folder with no errors, but when I want to add an instrument track like by example "Arturia ARP 2600" no instrument appeared in the add instrument track may be someone know how to do. because in DP 9.52 I have no problem

thank to all for your help in advance
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Many of my VST2 or VST3 don't show up in DP10

Post by mikehalloran »

Could this be a 64 bit / 32 bit issue?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
jayrhum

Post by jayrhum »

no i try even vst3 and i have the same problem- my system is win10 entreprise 1809
Processeur AMD threadripper 2990wx 64Go
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

jayrhum wrote:I used DP for a long time I just download and install the trial DP10 my plugin are recognized in the preference folder with no errors, but when I want to add an instrument track like by example "Arturia ARP 2600" no instrument appeared in the add instrument track may be someone know how to do. because in DP 9.52 I have no problem

thank to all for your help in advance
I think you might be missing a step. In DP Preferences / Audio Plug Ins, make sure the 2600 says "Passed", and that the red check box is checked. There's a place to choose Primary plug in format, and in the menu you can choose Enable All, be aware that will only enable all of your chosen primary plug in format. Also, at least on OSX, DP does not replace VST2 plug ins with VST3 versions if you happen to think that it will. :?
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
jayrhum

Post by jayrhum »

Thank to All
i even try so many thing but i find a strange way for some plugins it's to reinstall them 2 time and every thing working great
dp 10 is beautiful and working with so good i love this company where the people give the best great help
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

jayrhum wrote:Thank to All
i even try so many thing but i find a strange way for some plugins it's to reinstall them 2 time and every thing working great
dp 10 is beautiful and working with so good i love this company where the people give the best great help
Oh god I remember that from installing a USB2 audio card on a friends Windows computer. Sometimes installations don't work, never understood that about Windows?

Glad DP10 is running great on Windows though! that's really cool!
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.