Neumann enters the studio headphone market

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Neumann enters the studio headphone market

Post by mhschmieder »

https://sonicstate.com/news/2019/01/26/ ... eadphones/

These look to be a fresh design vs. something rebranded from parent company Sennheiser, and are said to have a very linear response like the active studio monitors.

Many studio monitor and mic companies are getting into studio headphones recently. I bought a nice pair from Focal last year and have considered the new ones from ADAM, but now these Neumanns have my attention.

Like most, I need around four headphones (and maybe up to six) for ghost track preliminary sessions and/or all-live-with-isolation work. And most of those need to be closed vs. open.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Neumann enters the studio headphone market

Post by stubbsonic »

Yea. I saw that over on Sonic, too.

I got some Focal's a few years ago. They generally sound ok, but are a bit weak in the bass, and also don't sound clean in the low end. Pure low tones get some "flutter" in them. But they are fine for tracking.

They claim that they are flat enough for mixing, and if that is true (or even close enough to true), that would be useful. More and more, I need to work in my home studio with cans. However, I'm not sure if they'll be priced within reach. Maybe I can sell my kidney.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com