Unfaithful movie trailer

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
greg oakley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Unfaithful movie trailer

Post by greg oakley »

I wasn't sure where to put this question so I'll start in this forum.

I have searched high and low trying to identify the music that concludes the last half of the trailer for the movie "Unfaithful". I want to use it in a commercial. The same music was also used during the 2002 season by HBO to accompany the trailer for their "Original Movie Series".

I have come up empty on the net, HBO, movie soundtrack, etc. There has to be a way to find this kind of stuff out. Anybody here have any ideas?

Greg O.
greg oakley

Re: Unfaithful movie trailer

Post by greg oakley »

Well, nothing like answering your own question, I guess.

I have been looking for months, and finally stumbled onto the source. If anyone cares it is a group called ES Posthumus, album "Unearthed", song "Nara".

Apparently it is also a theme for a CBS show called "Cold Case".

Anyway...

Greg O.
bralston

Post by bralston »

If you need to know a similar answer like this in the future (trailer music), you can always go to www.filmmusic.com and look at their trailer music resource page. It will list almost every trailer and what music was used in it.

http://www.filmmusic.com/trailers/index.html
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13
greg oakley

Post by greg oakley »

Thanks Brian!

Greg O.
ComposerDan

Post by ComposerDan »

Hey just a question regarding this..... How can you use music like this without infringing on the copyright or do you know how to get clearance?

Thanks

Dan
dabness
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by dabness »

what part of WV?
ComposerDan

Post by ComposerDan »

I am in Keyser WV
westla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by westla »

ComposerDan wrote:Hey just a question regarding this..... How can you use music like this without infringing on the copyright or do you know how to get clearance?

Thanks

Dan
You have to license it.
Limontw13
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Limontw13 »

Well, I have already seen this movie with my husband. My kids are very smart and they found it on my list. I was so scared after that. I found another list for kids on Netflix then and I added shows by Andy Yeatman so that they can forget everything that they have seen.