Bulk Export Mixed chunks?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
GhostOfAlgernon
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Bulk Export Mixed chunks?

Post by GhostOfAlgernon »

I've got around 30 chunks in a project, each consisting of narration and underscore. Is there a way to just select all of them, and do a bulk mixdown of each to separate audio files? Or, am I going to have to go through them one at a time?
Been searching, but haven't really found anything on this yet ...
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Bulk Export Mixed chunks?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Probably not. This is, in part, because a BTD has to be based on the same output bundle. Even if they all had the same output, batch bouncing isn’t In DP’s bad ‘o tricks.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
GhostOfAlgernon
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Bulk Export Mixed chunks?

Post by GhostOfAlgernon »

I got the bright idea of just dragging all the chunks into a song, bouncing the song to disk, them cutting the file apart.

Didn't work. I don't typically use chunks/songs, but I thought the mix/plugin settings and such in each chunk would play back exactly as playing the chunk by itself in the song. But, all tracks came in at full volume and all my carefully tweaked level automation and such were gone.

Propably a setting for that. Looking now ...