from channel output to channel input

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Demious
Primary DAW OS: Windows

from channel output to channel input

Post by Demious »

Ik new to DP and even though Im starting to find my way around, I keep getting stuck on routing between channels.
Its quite common to route, say several kick channels into a sum channel, to further process it as a single track, but to save processing power, I use to bounce it to a new track and process further from the new track. However, I cant find how to route the outputs of the seperate channels, into the input of the new track.
How does this way of summing(/bouncing) work in DP?

Cheers!
Maarten
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: from channel output to channel input

Post by HCMarkus »

Use an Aux ("Sum") Channel. Assign Source tracks' Outputs to the Aux In, and the Aux Out to the Input for your Target track. You can use Input Monitoring on the Target track if you want to hear the Aux Output while recording.
Demious

Post by Demious »

Okay, thanks mate.
I notice I really have to get used to those aux channels as a multi-functional link. My mind is pretty set after using only Mixbus for several years. ;)

Cheers!
mesayre

Post by mesayre »

You might also look into the "Freeze" function, since that will respect any routing you've already established when it creates it audio track.
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB