Looking for easiest to use MP3 player

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Looking for easiest to use MP3 player

Post by mikehalloran »

Rather than go OT in this thread,
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65159&p=556020#p556020

I’ll start another.

I’m looking for the easiest to use MP3 player I can buy. This is for my 87 year old father in a recovery hospital where he’s likely to be for a long time. He has difficulty with his old flip phone and refuses to let my sister or me buy him an iPhone SE which would solve a lot of problems including this. His tech-savvy days are long past and I’m looking for something with the emphasis on being intuitive. Bigger like those senior phones would be great.

Price isn’t the issue and if an iPod Touch 6 is it, I have one already. It meets the basic requirements in that you can display albums and songs as does the Touch 5, now that I think of it.

If, however, anyone knows of something that’s easier to use, let me know.

I’ll get a pair of open air headphones for comfort.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Looking for easiest to use MP3 player

Post by bayswater »

I had this problem a few years back. I never did find something ideal. The best things appeared to be those with the fewest controls, and physical buttons and knobs were easier to deal with than touch screens. My old original iPod with the physical wheel and clicks when you pressed the small number of buttons worked best from the options available at the time. Sticking a few labels on it helped. We still had to depend on getting occasional help from workers at the institution.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8