SOLVED (duh!) Lost individual MIDI inputs in DP

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
zandurian
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

SOLVED (duh!) Lost individual MIDI inputs in DP

Post by zandurian »

Every MIDI input in DP just says "any" instead of being able to choose, let's say, my drum pads to feed Superior drummer while my keyboard feeds ivory etc. At first I thought it had something to do with Sierra or DP9 but it's doing the same thing if I boot up off my older system drives (10.6 and 10.8). I was confident if I booted up in 10.8 and DP 8 I would get my separate inputs back as I used that boot up for many years and left it alone when I recently went to Dp 9.5 and Sierra (along with flashing the computer to a 5,1 with CPU upgrades and ram upgrades).

My devices are set up same as always and all the outputs work fine - outs going to MIDI hardware, Roland D-550, Yamaha TX-802 etc.

Latest clockworks is installed. Interestingly, although clockworks sees the MIDI express XT and accurately reflects the routings etc when I tried to do a firmware update on the XT (in desperation) the updater says there is no MIDI device detected, check USB connection. Weird.

Ant Suggestions?
Last edited by zandurian on Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------------------
Mac Pro (early 2009 - originally 4,1 - flashed to 5,1) 2 x 3.42 GHz 6-Core Xeon X5690, 64 gigs PC3-10600 RAM, OS 10.13.3, DP9.52, UAD2 duo, UAD2 solo,
Superior drummer 2, Mach 5-3, Ivory, PCIe 424, BL modded 24i/o, MIDI express XT, unisyn, Melodyne 2, Izotope RX2, Addictive Drums, Pianoteq
Kurt Cowling

Re: Lost individual MIDI inputs in DP

Post by Kurt Cowling »

You have to turn on “Multi-record”. Sorry I’m not in front of DP, but I think it’s under the Studio menu.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

I believe this is by design, but am unsure as of what version. You can still choose if Multi Record is enabled.

OOPS! Yes, what Kurt said, under the "Studio" menu.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
zandurian

Post by zandurian »

Tada!!! Haven't touched that feature in many years. Strange that all songs new and old (in old and new versions and systems) would default back to single record but thanks for the reminder about multi-record!
----------------------------------
Mac Pro (early 2009 - originally 4,1 - flashed to 5,1) 2 x 3.42 GHz 6-Core Xeon X5690, 64 gigs PC3-10600 RAM, OS 10.13.3, DP9.52, UAD2 duo, UAD2 solo,
Superior drummer 2, Mach 5-3, Ivory, PCIe 424, BL modded 24i/o, MIDI express XT, unisyn, Melodyne 2, Izotope RX2, Addictive Drums, Pianoteq