Digital Performer 9.52 released today

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Guitar Gaz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Digital Performer 9.52 released today

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Seems to be running okay on my system.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Guitar Gaz wrote:Seems to be running okay on my system.
Ditto.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 RC1, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

MOTU wrote:• Allow studio configurations of up to 1024 stereo busses.
• Allow adding up to 1024 bundles in one go.
A-MA-ZING! :woohoo:

I'm downloading it now just because of that. If we can really have all those buses I will be able to improve my template and be more liberal with my Bundles usage :)

It was so hard to keep everything with only 100 stereo buses like before.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
toddbooster
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by toddbooster »

Still doesn't like Slate plugins on Windows. Bummer.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB, Windows 10 Pro, DP 10.13, MOTU Ultralite AVB.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

All's stable, here, on old and new projects.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Fine here.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Sean Kenny

Post by Sean Kenny »

So far .... so good, here.
Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC - OS X 10.12.4 - DP 9.13 - RME HDSPe Madi card - iz ADA converters 24 i/o - Antelope Orion 32 i/o - Audient desk - Miller & Kreisel Monitors - Wunder Mic Pre's x 8 - very understanding wife!
http://www.ten21recordingstudios.co.uk/
hammerman

Post by hammerman »

No problems - running smooth.
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
mike_o

Post by mike_o »

when I click on the release notes it only gives me past update info.

it give no listing of current 9.52 info anywhere on that pdf.

am I missing something here?

"Digital Performer 9.52 Read Me

Thank you for installing Digital Performer 9.5.2.
Complete DP9 documentation

You can find complete DP9 documentation (PDF files) on the DP9 installer disc, and you can also access them directly from Digital Performer's Help menu.

Table of Contents entries, index entries, and cross references are
live links that will jump to their destinations. In some cases, you may need to click directly on the page number
(rather than the heading).

Changes and new features

For a comprehensive list of new features, please refer to
New Features in DP, available in Digital Performer's
Help menu.

New features introduced in version 9.5
Version 9.5 introduces the following new features. For further information about these features, go to Digital
Performer's Help menu > New Features in Digital Performer 9.
"
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Some users on the FaceBook page are having problems. Like I, the issues affect 9.51 and 9.13 after 9.52 is installed. Thanks to APFS, I was able to roll back my system to before the update and verify this.

My 9.52 problem was the symptom of corrupt audio I received from another studio and not the culprit so I’m keeping it on my system this time. Having stripped and built the headers, it works great.

I had problems with DP 7.2x not opening old files when 7.01 did. Again, the problem was my files and it was 7.12 that showed me how to fix them. That was a royal ain that took me a week to fix—this was nothing by comparison.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

mike_o wrote:when I click on the release notes it only gives me past update info.

Don't look for bold headers :D

In addition to the new features outlined above, version 9.5.2 also introduces the following enhancements:
• Allow studio configurations of up to 1024 stereo busses.
• Improved efficiency for projects using Quicktime movies as Quicktime-related threads are terminated for inactive Chunks.
• Improved click stability in Countoff and Countoff-Wait modes.
• Added sorting code to work around the fact that macOS High Sierra is no longer guaranteed to sort files and folders in alphabetical order.
• File import now does a case-insensitive check of file extensions when deciding whether the type is allowable. • Added option to reveal Chunks in the Chunks window after importing via the "Import" and "Load” menus.
• Fixed a bug preventing track folder hierarchies from being preserved when dragging a sequence from the chunks window into the tracks overview or sequence editor.
• Fixed a bug where opening successive effects windows could leave the effect GUIs offset from the parent window.
• Fixed a bug that intermittently prevented plugin bypass UI elements (bypass button in plugin GUI, italicized name in insert strip, etc) from reflecting the
true state of the plug-in.
• Fixed a bug preventing ProVerb to correctly display the state of the bypass button.
• Movie audio is now silent when its output is set to "none”.
• Fixed a bug where the submenus to send movie audio output to new bundles or new aux tracks would not appear.
• Set Movie Start Time can now be assigned to a command.
• Fixed a bug that would cause exported plug-in MIDI outputs to be duplicated.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
mike_o

Post by mike_o »

cuttime wrote:
mike_o wrote:when I click on the release notes it only gives me past update info.

Don't look for bold headers :D

In addition to the new features outlined above, version 9.5.2 also introduces the following enhancements:
• Allow studio configurations of up to 1024 stereo busses.
• Improved efficiency for projects using Quicktime movies as Quicktime-related threads are terminated for inactive Chunks.
• Improved click stability in Countoff and Countoff-Wait modes.
• Added sorting code to work around the fact that macOS High Sierra is no longer guaranteed to sort files and folders in alphabetical order.
• File import now does a case-insensitive check of file extensions when deciding whether the type is allowable. • Added option to reveal Chunks in the Chunks window after importing via the "Import" and "Load” menus.
• Fixed a bug preventing track folder hierarchies from being preserved when dragging a sequence from the chunks window into the tracks overview or sequence editor.
• Fixed a bug where opening successive effects windows could leave the effect GUIs offset from the parent window.
• Fixed a bug that intermittently prevented plugin bypass UI elements (bypass button in plugin GUI, italicized name in insert strip, etc) from reflecting the
true state of the plug-in.
• Fixed a bug preventing ProVerb to correctly display the state of the bypass button.
• Movie audio is now silent when its output is set to "none”.
• Fixed a bug where the submenus to send movie audio output to new bundles or new aux tracks would not appear.
• Set Movie Start Time can now be assigned to a command.
• Fixed a bug that would cause exported plug-in MIDI outputs to be duplicated.

Thank you.
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Amazing that a boneheaded formatting error has caused so much confusion. I had to read it a couple of times before i figured it out.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
primeevolutionary

Post by primeevolutionary »

mikehalloran wrote:Amazing that a boneheaded formatting error has caused so much confusion. I had to read it a couple of times before i figured it out.
I missed it a bunch of times too and also the 9.5.2 vs 9.52 didn’t help the recognition.

Everything seems to be working fine. I downloaded midsession with no problems.
Macmini9,1 (M1, 2020) 16 GB RAM
MacBookPro15,1 2.6 GHz 6-Core (Intel, 2018) 16 GB RAM
OS X 14.5
DP11.31
2 896 mk3 192 kHz Hybrid FW • USB2
Stage-B16
2 828 mk1s
MTPAV USB
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

I don't know... This update feels snappier, and DP seems to be more agile in general.
Also, track addition and deletion seem even faster than in the last update, and this really pleases me a lot!

If this is a sign of what to expect from DPX, MOTU will score a homerun with it :unicorn:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman