Stuttering Sound - in DP9 Demo

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Straker2001
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Stuttering Sound - in DP9 Demo

Post by Straker2001 »

Greetings. Am trying out DP9 in Demo for the 1st time. Am getting weird stuttering sounds whenever I play my controller keyboard or the GUI keyboard utilizing any kind of instrument in Kontakt 5. Assigning an Instrument Track and MIDI track through "Track/Instrument w/ Options". Adjusted sample rate down from 96khz to 44.1 in DP and stutter is actually worse. No such anomaly on Kontakt 5 in Standalone. Bundles appear to be set up correct and MIDI data lighting up in the MIDI Monitor for both my keyboard and the Roland UM1 interface. Any clues to what might be happening here, please? Am in Win10 with i7 processor, maxed out RAM.
2 weeks later: was able to temporarily eliminate the stuttering by going back to 96khz, 32 bit settings. Was able to play virtual instruments with no stuttering for a few mins. then a little clicking (not clipping) started. Activated MX4 synth to try that and stuttering came back and more clicking using that; again levels are not at clipping levels. Other virtual instruments now clicking again and some stuttering - bizarre!
Last edited by Straker2001 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Stuttering Sound - in DP9 Demo

Post by cuttime »

I think you need to check your buffer settings.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Stuttering Sound - in DP9 Demo

Post by bayswater »

A MIDI feedback loop?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8