A Problem with audio timestretch

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mike_o
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

A Problem with audio timestretch

Post by mike_o »

I am having a problem with audio timestretch in the sequence editor.

In previous versions of DP I would just grab the edge of the soundbite with the little hand too and stretch it to the length I needed.

but thats not working since I upgraded to 9.5.1, I can use the little hand to shorten the audio file and make it play faster, but it won't stretch longer and make the audio play slower.

If I use the audio timestretch menus under scale time command, where you input start and end times or percentage values it will stretch the audio no problem.

I used t use the hand stretch tool all the time, If you held command it would snap to grid points for easy tempo alignment.

Is there a new preference or something that I'm overlooking?

I checked preferences and options that relate to this but I didn't find anything about "allow timestretch" or anything like that.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: A Problem with audio timestretch

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You might try holding the command key (or the control key?) down. If the gird is being snapped to, you probably have to go past the grid point to get the stretch. Holding the cmd key overrides snapping (or if it's not on by default, enables snapping).
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mike_o

Post by mike_o »

I did that and it didn't change anything.
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
mike_o

Post by mike_o »

I closed and re opened the project and now it will timestretch but only by about %20, If I use timescale as a menu command I can type in %200 and it works, but I still can't grab it with the hand tool and stretch all the way to the next bar in one action.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

When I tried it I had issues if the background processing was still going on. The little fist then turned red and I couldn’t stretch the audio longer, as you reported. I’d send MOTU a fech link.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:When I tried it I had issues if the background processing was still going on. The little fist then turned red and I couldn’t stretch the audio longer, as you reported. I’d send MOTU a fech link.
Andrew just posted this on the FB page and I remembered this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro