Finale - finally!

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Finale - finally!

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Just a note of encouragement... I upgraded to Sierra and my biggest bugaboo has recently been Finale. I have F'in 25 but with no movie window the app is mostly useless to me for the bulk of my work. F2014.5 had stopped launching (What the heck?) under El Cap but under Sierra, it is working perfectly. I'm also MUCH better at Keyboard Maestro. I didn't think I could do w/o a mouse, but I've been on the Magic Trackpad 2 for many months now and that, too, is awesome. I'm happy to report I'm on a relatively new paradigm in my workflow and it's even faster than before. No more grabbing for the potatoe [sic] or recovering from crashes. And it is still faster for me than scoring in DP and porting to Finale via XML. Quantize is just not cutting it. Maybe I'm just a sloppy player... (don't tell my producers...) :woohoo:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
stubbsonic

Re: Finale - finally!

Post by stubbsonic »

That's all useful to know, M. Thanks for sharing.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
frankf

Post by frankf »

Great news Mike! You actually seem happy :) now that you have more transparency with your music tools, go at it and write more great music!
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Thanks, Frankie. I don't know about "great" but I';m able to forget about the machine and think about the music again. I HATE splitting my brain from computer technician to composer mid-thought. It gets me every time...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS