Song Window Aux Overload

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
blueslash
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Song Window Aux Overload

Post by blueslash »

Had an idea today regarding auxes always being active in Chunks when using song mode.

If you have chunks arranged in the Song Window with Auxs (reverb, delay ...) in each chunk, just mute them in each chunk with automation before the chunk start time and again after the chunk end time. It's not perfect, but it won't overload the output because of the multiple auxes, if you're trying out various arrangements. Also lets you keep any automation lanes editable in the chunks.
Guitar Gaz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Song Window Aux Overload

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Using V-Racks pretty much eliminated this problem for me and making the Song Window usable for me (rather than having to turn each Song chunk into a new merged Chunk each time I wanted to listen to a changed arrangement).
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
blueslash
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Song Window Aux Overload

Post by blueslash »

I agree, but you can't see automation lanes in V-Racks.