Install on a drive other than C

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
chibear
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Install on a drive other than C

Post by chibear »

Hi Folks, I'm attempting to give DP a try but the installer always installs to drive C. On my system Drive C is a small SSD for OS only. All my apps are installed on drive D. Is there anyway to install to a drive other than C? Windows 7 BTW

Thanks
klamm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Install on a drive other than C

Post by klamm »

Hi Chibear,

You can't do it in the motu installer.
BUT just copy and paste the DP folder from C: to D:, the DP program is located in the "Program" folder.

Best,

Pierre
Live 9, DP 9.01, Max/Msp, Machfive 3, UVI Falcon, U-he Bazille & Diva, GRM Tools, 2C-Audio, Izotope...
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

klamm wrote:Hi Chibear,

You can't do it in the motu installer.
BUT just copy and paste the DP folder from C: to D:, the DP program is located in the "Program" folder.

Best,

Pierre
Thanks, Pierre - that is handy to know! My SSD is starting to get a little full!

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
chibear

Post by chibear »

Thanks for the reply, Pierre. Unfortunately for some reason after moving both 32 bit and 64 bit folders to the D drive the memory wasn't freed up on the C drive (???). Tried several times along with manually deleting anything Motu from the C drive. Only an uninstall freed it up.

I have been planning on cloning my C drive to a larger SSD, as Waves and a few others insist on sticking their stuff on C also. Guess it's a good time now. I'll have to postpone my trial until then.
klamm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by klamm »

Well, some files in the program folder are protected. We are supposed to use the uninstaller to delete them. A workaround might be to delete the content of the dp folder. I think that a single file prevent you to delete the folder but I don't remember which one... sorry.

Hope it helps !
Live 9, DP 9.01, Max/Msp, Machfive 3, UVI Falcon, U-he Bazille & Diva, GRM Tools, 2C-Audio, Izotope...