UNofficial Digital Performer Community issue list - Windows

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UNofficial Digital Performer Community bug list - Window

Post by Robert Randolph »

See FAQ listed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61937#p527094

I reported this issue and it's not listed yet, what's going on

I will lag behind slightly on checking Windows only issues, since I do not use Windows as my primary OS. I ask the community to help extra with confirming these issues.

If you feel that I've been too slow, just shoot me a PM or email audiolabs [at] gmail.com
Last edited by Robert Randolph on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Randolph

Confirmed issues

Statuses:
[Verification In Progress]
[Confirmed]
[Accepted by Motu]
[Fixed in Version X.X]

List of issues at a glance
Title: Values not showing for older stock plugins (for instance, Trim)
Reference: #0000001

Original Reports:
  • none
Title: Custom59 can freeze DP's gui
Reference: #0000002

Original Reports:
  • none
Last edited by Robert Randolph on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:27 am, edited 7 times in total.
Robert Randolph

Rejected issues

List of issues at a glance
  • Reference # - 'Title'
Title: Brief issue description
Reference: #0000000

Original Reports:

Reason for rejection:
There's a fly in my soup.
Last edited by Robert Randolph on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Robert Randolph

Reserved.
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: UNofficial Digital Performer Community issue list - Wind

Post by kelldammit »

win10, DP 9.1(x64)
Issue 1: values not showing for older stock plugins (for instance, Trim). Value fields are just white. You can enter values, and they seem to take effect...you just can't see what the values actually are. Some of the newer plugins also exhibit minor gui misalignments (megasynth is one).
Reported/confirmed to MOTU, as of v8. It seems related to win10 specifically from what i can tell.

Issue 2: Custom59 can freeze DP's gui (unless you press/hold a fader or similar, at which point animations, like the transport counter will work until the button or fader is released).
Save/restart of DP seems to cure it, but it can be re-triggered afterward. It seems to have to do with modifying the tubes, pre amp, power amp and speaker cab settings. Usually changing a few will cause the issue. LiveRoomG does similar (add a mic, modify stuff, and the gui freezes similarly to custom59). In both cases, audio passes just fine.
Both reported/confirmed by MOTU. This has been present since v8, and doesn't seem to correlate to any OS in particular (win7, 8.1, and 10 all exhibit this issue for me).
This freezing seems to be along the lines of when you run with too much cpu in use, DP will "freeze" the gui animations to allow audio to pass. So it's probably triggered by a cpu spike, but DP doesn't realize that it's not a continuous state (at least the meter doesn't show more than a spike). That's my guess anyway.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.