Problems on DP 9.02 installation

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
CHICKENFOOT
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Problems on DP 9.02 installation

Post by CHICKENFOOT »

Hi Guys, this is my first post here. :surrender:

I'm having some issues relating to the demo from DP 9.02.

I downloaded the installer direct from MOTU website. The program was installed in two diferent places: x64 bits into C:\Program Files\MOTU\Digital Performer 9.0 and x32 bits into C:\Program Files (x86)\MOTU\Digital Performer 9.0.

After installation, since I have not seen any desktop icon from DP9, I headed to the location "program files (x64)" folder and click on the file DP.exe. Then appeared the following message: "DP.exe stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Close the program" Afther this, I went in the "program files (x86)" folder clicked on the other DP.exe icon (32bits) and the program started normally.

Is there any relation with the fact that I'm using W7 x64 without SP1? Note: I'm without SP1 because my SSD HD is with little space for updates. In May, I plan to migrate to Windows 8 or 10. Just in time, what's the best windows version to work with DP?

Thanks a million! :headbang:
Mathematics

Re: Problems on DP 9.02 installation

Post by Mathematics »

Could you provide some essential computer specs? Running apps and peripherals? ASIO based interface (not that you need it to demo)?
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai
CHICKENFOOT

Re: Problems on DP 9.02 installation

Post by CHICKENFOOT »

Hi mathematics, thanks for answering!

I'm newbie in the film scoring field, here in south america, and I'm thinking of buying my first DAW, since DP was recommended me for some friends. My setup is very simple:

PC, DP 9.02 x64 (I hope, :roll:), Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm, 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665 Mhz, Motherboard ASUSTeK H81M-C/BR (SOCKET 1150), NVIDIA GeForce GT 630, Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.0, JABB 3, Concert & Marching Band 2, Steinway basic, Garritan's Instant Orchestra, Garritan World Instruments and Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

As audio interface, I'm still using my old Edirol FA-66 FireWire, but I'm not using it with DP for the time being, since I'm using Microsoft's Sound Mapper when dealing with DP 9.02.

So, any suggestions???

Just in time, what's the Windows version do you use with DP9? Is there some kind of consensus among DP user on the best Windows version to work with DP?

Thanks a lot for any help :!: