MOTU 896 MK3 HYBRID AND CUBASE 5 PROBLEM

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
therealtaxman
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MOTU 896 MK3 HYBRID AND CUBASE 5 PROBLEM

Post by therealtaxman »

MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid
WINDOWS 7
USB 3
CUBASE 5

Hi everyone , I just installed my new MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid after update firmware 1.02 and installed the latest drivers.
I use Cubase 5, but there`s no sound at all.
I´m using the Main outputs 1-2 , selected the right Asio driver (Motu) and the outputs in the f4 section (connections) are allright.

I dont know whats the problem in here, maybe you can help me. ?

Hugo.
therealtaxman

Re: MOTU 896 MK3 HYBRID AND CUBASE 5 PROBLEM

Post by therealtaxman »

Now I have SOUND, but its full of clicks and pops, and a bad resolution, it sounds like some tremolo in the music. can anyone help me ?? I havent tried the Firewire port just the USB, cuz I need to buy a fireware card for my pc...
MPanebianco

Post by MPanebianco »

I have sort of the same prob! I use Nuendo 4 and 896 Mk3 Hyb. All of a sudden, pops,crackles and drop-outs in audio. Then I could no longer access the motu audio console to change sample rate thru Nuendo! Keeps telling me I have external sync turned on and I do not! I changed over to USB instead of my firewire and it appeared to clear up the audio prob., but still have prob. with sync. I went as far as rolling back the driver and still no satisfaction. I think the new updated driver is the cause of all this, but who knows.
therealtaxman

Post by therealtaxman »

Yeah Its obviously DRIVER stuff, I havent herd about MOTU TECH SUPPORT, I wrote them and nothing is going on,
I´m thinking in get back the interface.
When it works its amazing, but next time I power the PC it doesnt...its so unpredictible.
torrentg

Post by torrentg »

I have no affiliation with MOTU other than as a fan and user. I think it's a mistake for you to return the unit, as the drivers are absolutely pristine and well-working.

Let's look elsewhere at your issue, other than the driver, as long as you're using the latest.

These things will help you:

1) Update motherboard bios to latest from manufacturer's site.

2) If there is a specific USB 3.0 firmware update from them, install that too.

3) Install the latest USB 3.0 driver they have on offer.

4) If you know there is a USB 2.0 port on the motherboard, use that port to connect the MOTU and do not use any hubs with it.

If those things did not fix it, let me know and we surely will be able to figure out the cause of your issue with more advanced steps, shortly.

Good luck.
therealtaxman

Post by therealtaxman »

Hi man, thanks for the help, Im downloading the driver update for USB 3.0 , hope this fix the problem.
The other thing I noticed from today is that I have more issues if I open the MOTU CONTROL PANEL before I start Cubase,..mm you know something about that?

Saludos!
therealtaxman

Post by therealtaxman »

Nos im using the old drivers that came with the unit and it looks like its wo
rking fine :rofl: