First Call Horns Big fish Audio

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

ronjams
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

First Call Horns Big fish Audio

Post by ronjams »

On the website they claim that this sound set is compatible with the Mach V. Can anyone confirm this? Or does this require a conversion process?
Mac Studio M1 Max DIGITAL PERFORMER1248/8pre ESFalcon/kontakt/Unify & A LOT MORE GEAR
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: First Call Horns Big fish Audio

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Can you please post a link?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
ronjams

Post by ronjams »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Can you please post a link?
http://www.bigfishaudio.com/detail.html?769#
Mac Studio M1 Max DIGITAL PERFORMER1248/8pre ESFalcon/kontakt/Unify & A LOT MORE GEAR
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

fwiw,
I remember reading that BigFish libraries are not allowed to be used commercially or you need to get permission on a case by case basis.
I'm not sure if this is still true but I'd check just in case......... ;-)
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

kgdrum wrote:fwiw,
I remember reading that BigFish libraries are not allowed to be used commercially or you need to get permission on a case by case basis.
I'm not sure if this is still true but I'd check just in case......... ;-)
That wouldn't make much sense and would probably stop a lot of folks from nuying. THis is from their site:
License Agreement

The Following End User License Agreement is included with First Call Horns. This License is only valid for the individual who has purchased an unopened, new and lawfully made copy of First Call Horns from a dealer or distributor authorized by Big Fish Audio.

"The samples contained herein are licensed, not sold to you, the individual end user, by Big Fish Audio. This non-exclusive, non-transferable license is granted only to the individual end user who has purchased an unopened, new and lawfully made copy of this product from a dealer or distributor authorized by Big Fish Audio. All samples remain the property of Big Fish Audio and are licensed only for use in the creation of a live or recorded performance that includes the licensed samples as part of a derivative musical work created by the licensed end user. This license expressly forbids resale, rental, loan, gift or transfer of these samples in any format or via any medium, except as part of a derivative musical work. The samples may not be included, whether unmodified or as part of a derivative work, in any sample library product. Any unlicensed usage will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law."
Sounds like it's OK for production. I don't know that the "not for production" thing would hold up in court anyway. You're using it for the intended purpose and if a company tries to block you from using sounds in your composition, it would be like Steinway saying you can't record their pianos. Totally counter-productive and too limiting based on the "intended use." I'd love to fight that one in court.

More importantly, their demos (listening demos) don't work in Safari or Chrome and if they can't get that right, why would i trust their samples? I'll pass, thank you, but I appreciate the o/p letting us know and posting the link. Thanks!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

my bad......
maybe they changed the eula, i remember users talking about this on Vi-Control a year or 2 back.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

ronjams wrote:On the website they claim that this sound set is compatible with the Mach V. Can anyone confirm this? Or does this require a conversion process?
I can't see a claim about Mach 5 on the site. In theory you can read some Giga and Kontakt files into Mach five, although I have very little success with Kontakt imports.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
ronjams

Post by ronjams »

bayswater wrote:
ronjams wrote:On the website they claim that this sound set is compatible with the Mach V. Can anyone confirm this? Or does this require a conversion process?
I can't see a claim about Mach 5 on the site. In theory you can read some Giga and Kontakt files into Mach five, although I have very little success with Kontakt imports.
The information is there under the link provided on the page under description highlighted in blue and to the left click on the word compatibility. I suspect that the product is encrypted and no real compatibility is possible.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

ronjams wrote:
bayswater wrote:I can't see a claim about Mach 5 on the site. In theory you can read some Giga and Kontakt files into Mach five, although I have very little success with Kontakt imports.
The information is there under the link provided on the page under description highlighted in blue and to the left click on the word compatibility. I suspect that the product is encrypted and no real compatibility is possible.
Reading the description, they seem to be relying on the information provided with Mach 5 on compatibility. So it may be readable by Mach 5. I've had some success reading EXS24 files. But you really ought to contact them and ask if they've actually tested it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I recently bought Session Horns from NI (for Kontakt). Somewhat limited in terms of flexibility, but pretty good overall for $99. Not sure if it needs the full version of Kontakt or if it can just use the player.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
ronjams

Post by ronjams »

bayswater wrote:
ronjams wrote:
bayswater wrote:I can't see a claim about Mach 5 on the site. In theory you can read some Giga and Kontakt files into Mach five, although I have very little success with Kontakt imports.
Reading the description, they seem to be relying on the information provided with Mach 5 on compatibility. So it may be readable by Mach 5. I've had some success reading EXS24 files. But you really ought to contact them and ask if they've actually tested it.
I will call them later today and report back to this list.
ronjams

Post by ronjams »

I will call them later today and report back to this list.
After contacting Big Fish Audio and motu and a follow up call again with Big Fish Audio the deal is to purchase the Gigasampler edition of the First Call Horns. The Mach V will read this library. I've personally tested this out today after receiving the DVD ROM in the mail.