DP8 stops. Quits.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
2leftears
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP8 stops. Quits.

Post by 2leftears »

DP8.04, Mac Pro quad core, 10.6. Mixing an 8 track, (3 vx, 3 a gtr, 2 piano), live recording. 1 of 4 in a 24/48 DP session. This is the third piece in this session. After I auto muted the vx trx, I was doing the same to the second vx trk when DP stops during playback then quits. The other two mixes in this session play all the way through without quitting. It's not crashing. It stops during playback then quits. I am operating in 64 bit with an Apogee Ensemble. The vocal tracks were touched up pitch wise and every track was auto muted when out. I copied the session to another disk. Same result. Any clues?
David Polich

Re: DP8 stops. Quits.

Post by David Polich »

2leftears wrote:DP8.04, Mac Pro quad core, 10.6. Mixing an 8 track, (3 vx, 3 a gtr, 2 piano), live recording. 1 of 4 in a 24/48 DP session. This is the third piece in this session. After I auto muted the vx trx, I was doing the same to the second vx trk when DP stops during playback then quits. The other two mixes in this session play all the way through without quitting. It's not crashing. It stops during playback then quits. I am operating in 64 bit with an Apogee Ensemble. The vocal tracks were touched up pitch wise and every track was auto muted when out. I copied the session to another disk. Same result. Any clues?
What are your buffer settings and work priority? Apogee products need to see
a work priority setting of "Low" to function optimally. I wouldn't mix at anything under 512 buffer, either.

I actually experienced a similar problem some years back, and it turned out to be a corrupted audio file, every time I hit a certain spot in the playback, bam, DP would quit. Sadly, the only cure was to delete the audio file and re-record that track. You might have the same thing going on.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

You might give 10.8 a try...
2leftears

Post by 2leftears »

I opened a new session and imported the troublesome sequence along with the audio files. It worked all day. This action was what MOTU tech support suggested. Problem solved.