MachFive FX/Multi Automation?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

rwbmuse
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MachFive FX/Multi Automation?

Post by rwbmuse »

Hello All,
I am using M5 3.14 and would like to know if anyone has been able to automate the loading of FX multis via MIDI command. I see there are scripts for MIDI learn of practically every knob and parameter but I do not see a way to do this. The purpose of this is to quickly change FX Multi in a live performance setting.
Thanks for any advice!
hugy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: MachFive FX/Multi Automation?

Post by hugy »

Not that I know of.
Your best bet is to automate bypass buttons.
rwbmuse

Post by rwbmuse »

Thanks Hugy. I don't think that would help. I am using a laptop with MachFive. The instruments I have loaded take up quite a bit of memory. I tend to keep the instruments loaded but need to change the FX multis. Doing this manually takes up valuable time. I suppose one workaround would be if I could load the sample in one channel of MachFive and then load an alias of the sample in another channel. For instance if I load a Fender Rhodes sample set into a channel with one FX Multi and then load another instance of the same sample set in another channel with a different FX Multi takes up a lot of memory. So I am wondering if I can just load the once instance of Rhodes and then have a new channel with a different FX multi. Then I can use a script to switch from one channel to another while only loading one sample set. I wonder if this is possible.
rwbmuse

Post by rwbmuse »

Now I am exploring Applescript as a means to control the loading of files.