Random sticking MIDI notes

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

abinning
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Random sticking MIDI notes

Post by abinning »

Hoping maybe someone can help...

I'm having a problem where I get random sticking MIDI notes in MachFive 3. After playing the note, the key stays 'lit up' on the virtual keyboard within the MachFive window and won't go off until I reload another sound patch. I get random sticking notes whether I'm running stand-alone, or from within DP8.

MachFive (and DP) are both up-to-date, and I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8 on a recently acquired MacMini 2.0Ghz which I kitted out with an SSD drive and 8Gb RAM for the purpose of getting a wee MIDI/VI studio put together. My Roland FP4 stage piano/controller is connected directly via USB, and whilst at first I didn't bother installing a driver (because it works without one), I have tried installing Roland's driver just in case that would make a difference.... needless to say it doesn't.

I've downloaded Sampletank and PianoTeq, and don't get any MIDI notes sticking in either of them, so I'm inclined to assume that my keyboard/driver/USB connection is OK.

Any thoughts?
stubbsonic

Re: Random sticking MIDI notes

Post by stubbsonic »

Though what you describe doesn't sound like hardware, it might be worth trying a different controller, a different USB cord, and if possible a different computer.

Nothing you are doing seems out of the ordinary, or problematic.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

+1 on the controller. I'd also reinstall MachFile, kill plists, and (wait for it...) repair permissions if you haven't already.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
wessel9

Post by wessel9 »

I'm having a similar issue with the JBass instrument. For some reason notes on the A string of the bass are sticking, but none of the others are. It's like it is not receving MIDI note off signals for just the A string. I don't really know what to do!
libra66
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by libra66 »

Yes I agree, I just finished reading it and posted a question relating to it.