DV output to Sony VX2000 DV Camera

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
dynamix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DV output to Sony VX2000 DV Camera

Post by dynamix »

Does this work?

My camera knows I've selected the output to DV NTSC. The screen goes from blue to black as if its getting sync at that point. But playback yields nothing.

I'm trying to show my client how I want the music to lay in the scene.

I'm playing a .mov file in my sequence. I read on the forum that, that is the preferred format for DP, but should my visual be a .dv? Is this why it won't work?

I've tried it with two different cameras and no luck.

Asides from the info in Chapter 49, there's really not much help. They don't even list the preferred digital video formats in this chapter.

Erik
http://www.dvbmusic.com

Dual 2 Ghz G5, MOTU 896, OS 10.3.9, DP 4.6, Mach 5, Kontakt 2.2, MX4, Reason 3.0.5, GPO, Absynth 4.0.2, B4 Organ II 2.0.3,. MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM w/ MOTU Traveler & MOTU Bag w/ OS 10.4.10, DP 5.12
twistedtom
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by twistedtom »

I do not undersstand what you are asking. Are you trying to use your Vx2000 as a play bback unit and if so why? Have you captured the dv in a video editing program? You say you are using a mov. file so you must have. Dp dose not capture you need to do it into a quick time mov.