Don't like the Welcome Screen? Maybe this bug will help.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Don't like the Welcome Screen? Maybe this bug will help.

Post by Gravity Jim »

I had some surprising behavior with the welcome screen this morning.

Working on my video game project. Ad client calls, wants a concept rough of a :30 solo piano track with a doorbell effect incorporated musically at about :26. I have the idea of what I want to do right now, so I close the big project, and as I did, I instinctively reached up and clicked on the "File" Header to create a new file, remembering that Welcome screen the second I did it...

But, the welcome screen didn't open. I'd somehow interrupted it by clicking on File.

So, I knock out the solo piano track, slide in the doorbell, and I'm pretty happy with it, for a demo. So, I close (Command-W) the piano project file....

And the Welcome Screen STILL doesn't open (even though I haven't clicked on anything). Hmmm.

Well, since DP is so damn fast now with the new SSDs, I decide to quit DP and see if the welcome screen is okay. And it is... but the solo piano project doesn't show up in the list of recents! It's as if whatever subroutine handles the Welcome screen was shut off by my initial FIle click, and STAYED off until I relaunched DP.

So, apparently, if you don't want to see the Welcome screen in between projects, let your cursor hover over "File" as you hit Command-W and then click on FIle immediately. Do you get the same results?
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]